Gratitude | Teen Ink

Gratitude

I’m so grateful for my mom. My mom is always there for me, she has always taken jobs so she could be home when I was little and got home from school. She would always have a nice dinner and would sit with me and help me with my homework. 

My mom always drove us girls to and from each other's house and really was involved in all the fun activities. She got me into soccer when I was five, a camp at Arrowhead was my first I believe, then I played every year for the next seven years. Then volleyball for the next two years. Mom coached upward cheer at our church when I was like seven, and that was fun. Also she helped with Girl Scouts for a few years too. Mom always made it special when I had friends over and doted over us. Always making sure we had what we needed and then some and making us feel cared for, and loved. 

She also came into school and did whatever she could to help. She would come in and read to us when I was in kindergarden, she came in for parent career day and talked to my class. We went to all the school dances and movies and fun things like the hayrides and pumpkin carving. She would also be baking and making special things for my class parties, holidays and my birthday treats. We also did volunteer dog walking at HAWS Waukesha for 2 years until Covid hit. Just like any other mom she just wants me to be happy and loved, but my mom has gone above and beyond to teach me things and be there for me. Whenever I’m struggling she does whatever she can to help me.

My mother and I are very close and I really am grateful for all her sacrifices and I hope she lives a long time. 

I had to write a gratitude piece for my junior compositon class.