Truth and honestly must be followed despite all consequences. | Teen Ink

Truth and honestly must be followed despite all consequences.

By suhanikhemka25 SILVER, Kolkata, Other
suhanikhemka25 SILVER, Kolkata, Other

"The truth..it is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution"
-Albus Dumbledore.

“Honesty is always good, except when it is better to lie.” – James Patterson

I am against the motive "Truth and honestly must be followed despite all consequences"

We have all heard the quote “Honesty is the best policy”, but the question is, do we all follow it?

Lying always comes from fear. And fear is a natural human feeling, a response of our brains. Trouble comes in our way, and trying to avoid falling into it, we chose the easy way out-lying. While being honest is more moral, it just can’t be followed at all times in the 21st century. Now, a person won't barge late into their office and say they woke up late since they spent the night binge-watching Netflix. After all the traffic is always there to blame.

Good social reputation, high status, no humiliation, and respect are what we are all chasing. Always being honest comes in the way of achieving all that.

We might as well subconsciously lie, just to fit in. Like saying you liked a show just cause everyone else is praising it even though you could barely tolerate it. Especially with teenagers these days, now who wants to be an outcast?

Dishonesty to get away from undesired situations is just de-facto behaviour.

Lying is a mistake. But we all make mistakes. That’s what makes us human.

We all know being honest is good, but none of us can genuinely be honest at all times. While we might not tell huge lies, small white lies and excuses are unavoidable.