The Murder of 43A | Teen Ink

The Murder of 43A

By BozoBoi GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
BozoBoi GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dave the detective that lives in the Sunny Hills apartment complex sees his neighbor coming out his door and he says “Hey Greg did you hear about the murder in 43A last night?”. Greg’s eyes widened and he looked a little bit spooked as his eyes darted to the door he just walked out of and he said “do you know if they have any suspects?”. Dave starts to think Greg isn’t acting normal and seems very guilty. Dave says “we might have a few suspicions, but the CSI is examining fingerprints right now”. Greg, becoming worried says “yeah I remember I saw someone on the cameras acting strange around there last night”. Dave is really not starting to trust Greg since he already checked the cameras. Greg takes a step backwards to the safety of his apartment door when Dave says “Yeah well thank you for your time Greg”.

Later that day when he is back at the police station he does a little searching on Greg. He notices that he took a day off of work the day before. He immediately leaves the station and heads back over to his apartment. As he is heading down the musty hallway he once again sees Greg leaving his apartment. This time when Greg sees Dave he remains calm and collected. Dave asks him “I see that you took a day off of work yesterday, do you know what for?”. Greg wonders how he is going to get out of Dave’s grasp as he tries maneuvering around it by saying “Yeah I took a drive up to where I lived as a child to remember my father who died on that day 10 years ago”. Dave says “sorry, but I am going to have to bring you in”. Greg looked crushed by this news and didn’t resist.

Dave later won an award for solving that case in less than 16 hours and devoted all of it to the suspect acting sussy.

Rushed