Reflective Essay | Teen Ink

Reflective Essay

By Luke2025 SILVER, Dennison, Minnesota
Luke2025 SILVER, Dennison, Minnesota

Whenever I look into the crowd, my dad is always there. My dad helps me to work hard, and he has inspired me to be great. This is how my dad has influenced my life more than anyone else. My dad has always been at my events, he taught me to work hard, and he inspired me.

First, my dad has always been at my events. Whenever I am coming off the field  from a play I always see my dad watching me behind the fence and that makes me happy, and it makes me better because I want to impress him. Sometimes he isn't there because he is a farmer and has really important stuff. Sometimes he tries his best to make it to my games. For example, he didn’t make it to one game this season because he was chopping crops before it stormed but that is okay with me. After my games he always gives me a ride home and it is a lot shorter than riding the bus then getting a ride so I really appreciate it. 

Secondly after my games on the ride home he gives me advice on how I did and what I can improve on, it really helps me so when I get home I can do that stuff later to improve on my game. He also wakes me up for weights if my timer doesn’t go off, or if I don’t have my phone. And brings me to weights so I can lift in the morning. Also on the weekend or at night my dad helps me do drills to get faster or use moves correctly and it really helps for my games and I have improved a lot because of it. 

Because he has been helping me I have been working out and asking him so many questions about football he answers me, he says I can be great if I work for it, My dad says he doesn’t doubt that I can be really good at anything if I worked for it. Sometimes  ask him about his old football stories and they inspire me to be like him or be better than him.

In conclusion my dad has always been at my events, taught me to work hard, and he inspired me to be great. My dad has influenced my life more than anyone else. My dad has always been there for me, and that is why my dad has influenced my life more than anybody else in the world.