If you could live in any building in the world, what would it be? | Teen Ink

If you could live in any building in the world, what would it be?

By rynasung SILVER, Canaan, New Hampshire
rynasung SILVER, Canaan, New Hampshire

There are countless variations of buildings and architectures that are each and individual pieces of art. We all have different attributes and preferences to structural designs for our housings. However, most of us aren’t able to afford such, that satiate our cravings, especially because of fiscal conflicts. Thus, I have chosen a building that would satisfy my desires for my residence if possible: Mont Saint Michel, a castle located in Normandy, France.

Although most people would choose to live in lavish and luxurious buildings that will provide them with opulent comfort, I choose to sacrifice these features and rather enjoy the castle’s medieval architecture and aspect which can be done without too much expenditure; especially since I do not feel too comfortable when spending exorbitant amount of money just for a building to live in. Considering the fact the castle is a typical island, it provides an unique isolation from the rest of the world. The relaxation will be able to placate all of my stressful emotions and thoughts. 

It is perfectly true that extreme chaos such as an apocalypse is not too likely to happen in our world. Even though that might be considered, it is always beneficial to be ready or at least know where to take refuge if a possible catastrophe related to any type such as natural disasters or diseases occur. Again, Mont Saint Michel is absolutely quarantined from the outside world. Therefore, it is also self-sustainable. In addition, the location of Mont Saint Michel has the lowest possibility of suffering from natural detriments and disasters from all of Europe. It would be the perfect place to take refuge in any possible universal chaos. 

It is inevitable for us to experience stressful moments in our lives and strive through conflicts. Thus, I think being a resident of such a relaxing and peaceful place will be an absolute game changer for life. As well as being an ideal, self sustainable haven in case of mayhem outside of the world.