Compositions Name Piece | Teen Ink

Compositions Name Piece

By 3paddock BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3paddock BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

My name originates from Scotland and it means wise or lover of hounds. My name I think resembles Scotland because of their beautiful rolling hills where one could go and take a nice walk in the crisp morning air.  

My name doesn’t make me think of anything, it's just a thing that people call me by. It’s an endless black void completely empty, nothing special about it there was no reason it was given to me besides the purpose of needing a name.  

Connor is a name that has become quite common in recent years. In fact I only have one class where I don’t share my name with another person. There are many spellings of my name, whether it is Conor, Conner, or my spelling, Connor, which I personally think is the best spelling. 

I think my name fits me pretty well, because I do like dogs, and dogs like me. I also believe from what I have been told that I am wise or mature for my age. I try to stay in the middle of arguments and keep a level head while my friends get heated and only think about their side of the story. 

From my understanding, there is no famous or well known person with the spelling of my name. Even though I constantly think, is anybody going to remember the name Connor Paddock or will it be forgotten in the tests of time? Maybe I can be the first.

I think this quote from Kuroko’s Basketball describes me perfectly “I am a jack of all trades, a master of none. I can do everything but I can’t seem to get anything done.” The last part really matches with me because I sometimes have a hard time getting homework done. 

I have been given other names like Hamburger. I was given this name because the person didn’t know my real name and I was eating a hamburger so walla Hamburger. I have been called this name by my friends and that's all they called me. They called me Hamburger so much that their parents had to ask if that was my real name.

My name will always be but it won’t always be me. Like I have stated previously my name doesn’t mean anything people use it to get my attention or mark me as attending in class. Unlike the rolling hills in Scotland there is nothing to look at, no feeling of the cool crisp air or the sound of the wind breezing through the grass.