Life is a Toilet | Teen Ink

Life is a Toilet

By eaintkt BRONZE, Mandalay, Other
eaintkt BRONZE, Mandalay, Other

I believe a toilet to be a symbol of life. This indicates that we are the bodily waste that is eliminated into this receptacle. Let me explain why. 

Throughout the day, you eat food. You drink water. Maybe even some coffee or soda. Then you go to the toilet and emit all that you’ve consumed. Isn’t it a bit silly when you think about it? You can eat all that you want—gorging down fast food or stuffing yourself to the brim with whatever it is that you like eating—and still, at the end of the day, it all just ends up as human waste. 

Humans and our lives proceed correspondingly. We work and work and work. Students study and study and study. We wake up, eat, work, go back to sleep, and do it all over again. And still, regardless of how much we’ve bent ourselves backward for success, we too find ourselves as human waste at the end of the road. 

The food you eat, while still ending up as waste, does benefit you at some point of its duration in your body. And similarly, the work we do will benefit us at some point. Bad food you eat may blow up your toilet, and negative things you do may blow up your life. But here’s the thing: whether it be advantages or disadvantages, ultimately, nothing matters. 

The toilet, conclusively, is just a hollow cavity for our waste to fill. And your life, in the same meaningless way, is just another one of billions. Whatever it is that you do currently will not have any significance when you’re six feet underground. A bad grade on your math test won’t be the last thing on your mind when you’re taking your last breath. Falling face-flat in the middle of the cafeteria? No worries! You may contemplate death as you’re splayed on the floor with everyone’s measly eyes on you, but when you’re on a date with the Grim Reaper, it’ll be the last thing you think about.

Now, in spite of all the seemingly negative information I’ve written down, this postulation of life being worth as little as a toilet can be inspected in a positive light. Think about it this way: your life isn't all too important, so make the most of it and do whatever you want to. Do everything! Rid of society's constructs and pressures that have been pounded into your head with the hammer of speech. Travel the world, pursue your dreams, eat without worrying about calories, and shoot for the stars! 

Don't stop eating just because you know it’ll end up as poop, eat everything because you know it’ll just be poop in the end! 

Hey guys, this is my first piece of Teen Ink so I'm incredibly nervous for the reactions I may receive. But here it is: my (rather disgusting) metaphor on life and nihilism! 

on Jan. 24 at 1:09 pm
King_KDA DIAMOND, Burlington, Washington

"Numquam finitur, donec vita finiatur."
- K. D'Angelo Alexander

Wonderful euphemism.

Shorthairdontcare SILVER, Houston Area, Texas
I added it to my Favorites!

I love this article and I think this is actually a really good metaphor for life! Keep writing!