The Christmas Message | Teen Ink

The Christmas Message

Buddy the Elf once said, “the best way to spend Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear”. Many people would probably disagree with this, because they don’t like to sing—but I don’t think that was the message he was trying to convey. 

How I interpreted it is he wants people to come together in harmony and for him, that is through song. The most important part about the holidays is that you spend it with the people that are most important to you. If song is what brings you together, then that is what you should do. 

For many, Christmas is the most stressful time of the year. People feel like their workload is a mile high and never ending. School and work piles up and the streets are buzzing with people last minute shopping. This is why it is so important to relax and spend time with the people you love the most. It can help calm and ground you. You can do this by having a self care day or even just getting dinner with friends. It can  help you approach your workload differently. Christmas shouldn’t be a hard and stressful time, it should help bring people together. 

So, this next Christmas make sure you spend it with the people you love doing the things you love. As they say Christmas is “the most wonderful time of the year”.

How you should spend your holidays