My Hero | Teen Ink

My Hero

By BeckyT BRONZE, Auburn, Washington
BeckyT BRONZE, Auburn, Washington

my favorite veiw in this world is the one i see with you:)

My hero is Candace Parker, because she was fulfilling her dream, and was really determined to become a successful basketball player. I admire her because at such a young age, she came upon other women across the nation and made it into professional basketball.

Candace Parker plays for the Los Angeles Sparks. She was born April 19, 1986 in St. Louis Missouri. She is the younger sister of NBA star Anthony Parker. She was drafted to professional basketball from Tennessee in 2008 at the young age of 23.

Parker is a very versatile player. She has many unique ways of showing her talents. What I like about her most is that she has toughness and courage. She was a starter on the Lady Vols basketball team, winners of 2007 NCAA championships.

Candace has won lots of awards in her life. Her amazing ability impresses coaches and teens all around the world. From getting the James Naismith trophy to the Gatorade award as National Basketball player of the year in high school.

She set astonishing records in high school. She made an average of 22.9 points per game throughout her high school years and at least 13 rebounds per game. She was offered lots of scholarships to many famous colleges around the nation.

Parker attended University of Tennessee. She was also starter of the basketball games she played in college as a freshman. She was drafted in the WNBA Los Angeles Sparks as first draft pick of 2008.

She is one of the players, why tries hard and never gives up. Her mother
Sara Parker was a great role model in her life. She had lots of support from her family while she was growing up. She had her first baby girl on May 13, 2009. She mostly plays a center in basketball because she is very tall at her height of 6’3.

I think to be a successful athlete, you must practice everyday. People will try and put you down but you must learn to look past them. Have courage and confidence. Always put your education first then the activity or sport that you play. That’s what I think this spectacular did and why she’s so successful today.

mom and dad