What is Money? | Teen Ink

What is Money?

By jdeluca GOLD, Bedford, New York
jdeluca GOLD, Bedford, New York

There are many definitions for the word money but when looking in the actual dictionary the only definition is, “any circulating medium of exchange, including coins, paper money, and demand deposits.” This is not what the word ‘money’ really means at all. There is a bigger message to all of this, “Money makes the world go ‘round.” Money can get one whatever he or she wants, whenever he or she wants it except happiness. Although the power of money is very strong happiness is even stronger. Throughout history even up to today money is power and one can use that power for good or for bad. But getting back to the bigger picture, money, in America, is simply paper and nothing more, it is not your friend, husband or wife, daughter or son, cousin, grandma or grandpa, teacher, colleague, or anything except that tree in your backyard and although you might love this “tree in your backyard” it is not anything but paper.

Need help? said...
I agree with your comment

XxXx said...
this really shows readers the importance of family and friends. Not just the value of paper money. Nice work.

bobbyg said...
Very creative... especially the "tree in your backyard" part