Self Esteem | Teen Ink

Self Esteem

Self esteem is a big thing in society today. So many people either have it or they don't. A majority of people have it but there is also a very decent percentage that don't have any whatsoever.
So many young girls today have hardly any or no self esteem at all and that's quite sad. I mean, its like every girl should think they are beautiful, both inside and out. Nobody should ever take that away from them but unfortunately it happens everyday. Maybe that's one of the reasons so many girls wear so much black and even self-harm. Those that take away the right for these girls to be confident and believe in themselves should be shot. Everyone deserves to be known as beautiful. We are all beautiful in our own way.
A majority of the people instilling that the bad self-esteem is the bullies. So many girls get bullied and told that they are ugly, its getting set in their head. So they start to believe it. Schools today should have a class especially for girls. They should be required to take it so that these girls realize that there are people out there that care about them and think that they are beautiful. It shouldn't be graded, it should just be one of them things that go on in the school to bring confidence into girls today.
Self esteem is something that should be instored in girls today. So many don't have it and its a shame. Every girl out there is special and beautiful in their own. When they hear negative comments about them, they should be able think, "Oh screw them! I know who I am and that is beautiful!" That's what self esteem is all about. Hopefully one of these days all girls will be able to have it.

This article was inspired through the small little things. The bullies in school and the people who get bullied. Neither group have high self esteem and most of the time its girls that it happen too.

blackveilbrideschickies BRONZE, Brackenridge, Pennsylvania
Nothing is like that in our school. The teachers know how some of the kids feel but they dont care. So I just had to let this out..

SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

My school has something like that, only it's a club and not required, so I imagine very few people will be there. I wouldn't know though.