Today I Think I Will... Create A Universe | Teen Ink

Today I Think I Will... Create A Universe

By julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon

The goal is not about living forever, the goal is about creating something that can.

Creation: It is such a simple word, with such a profound effect on the cosmos. The creation of the universe is a mystery. The creation of life is also a mystery, as well as a highly significant event around which lies a world of controversy. The most controversial issue around that topic is this question: are we alone in the universe?

The odds that the universe is absolutely devoid of all life besides that on Earth are highly improbable if thought of in this manner. Suppose the universe is endless, or suppose that there are an endless amount of universes (wait, what? Go look up M-Theory). We’re talking about infinity here. In theory it would not be possible to have an infinitely extending universe without also having life exist in its every possible configuration. In my opinion, an endless universe would even guarantee the existence of IDENTICAL replicas of our own planet, just due to the nature of infinity itself. Maybe some earths would have variations as well. Imagine an earth where the dinosaurs never went extinct, and the Allosaurus eventually evolved brains to become the dominant life form on the planet! The possibilities are truly endless. Look no further than your imagination to see what else could be conceivable.

This leads us to another intriguing question. Can our human population reach these other worlds? This is a tough one to answer. It is debatable whether we can, due to the immense distances involved. Even at light speed, it can take hundreds of years to reach a star. There must be another way to travel interstellar distances. What about using our brain power? Neuroscience is rapidly growing, yet there is still much to learn about the brain and its abilities. I believe our mind’s untapped power can open up new pathways to inter-dimensional travel. In fact, many people believe we already travel to other realms and dimensions in our dreams! I believe our minds can not only take us through to other dimensions, I believe they also contain the ultimate power of creation as well. I am saying that we can not only create soup recipes; or architectural blueprints; (which we obviously can) I am saying that we can bring whole universes into existence. I am saying that Tatooine exists, as well as Middle Earth. The mind is an extremely powerful entity, capable of reality-changing paradigms. Imagine if every single person on the planet believed that 2+2=6. Our whole math system would change! The real implication is this. I am saying that you, an intelligent human being, can tap into your imagination and create a unique universe with its own set of laws. Perhaps you will give your universe life as well, and create a customized system of interaction among that life. You do not have to be religious and believe in gods, or God, (depending on your faith). You only have to believe in yourself and the capabilities of your incredible mind in order to make a significant difference in the universe.

My greatest idea is the theory that our minds can change the cosmos. Imagination may be more important to the universe than we realize.

WishfulDoer GOLD, Portland, Oregon

If ignorance is bliss, why is our country so complicated?

Written and spoken like a true writer. There was so much imagination and creativity just flowing from the article, but you also presented valid points and facts. I loved it, truly. 5by5. 

Hazel-daisy GOLD, --, Other

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else - Erna Bombeck

In three words i can sum up everything I've learned in life: it goes on -Robert Frost

Live, Love, Laugh - ______

Hope, Love, breathe <3 - Me

i think this is really well written and i like the way its told. I think that there is a lot of possiblities out there and maybe some day humans will discover them! anyway i really liked it so 5/5

Autumn-Rain SILVER, West Lafayette, Indiana

Hmm... It's an interesting theory... I wouldn't say that I agree with it, but it's cool that you put it out there for us to think about... It was a really good essay... I could see persuasive tecniques in there, even if you didn't mean to put them in... like how you responded to the reader's questions, and so on... I also liked how   you put the part "gods, or God, (depending on your faith)" It showed that you didn't want to offend people. All in all, it's a really good essay...

WritingSpasms, Los Angeles, California

"Devils run when a good man goes to war."
- River Song from Doctor Who (Ep. A Good Man Goes to War)

This is pretty good! The paragraphs could be spaced out a little more. Other than that, I can't think of anything else to point out. Fascinating theory you got there :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Interesting perspective.  You wrote a great article too.  I really have no criticisms other than your paragraphs are a bit long.  If you separate them a bit more, then it's easier to read.

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

I love the word choice in this. It's a very interesting concept, and you lay it out with a very unique tone of voice. I really enjoyed reading this. :)

littlelilith SILVER, Dallas, Texas

"Your perspective may very well be the determining factor in whether you pass the test."

This was quite interesting. I loved it! It really made me think about what we consider "reality." Keep writing.

Philosophication GOLD, McKinney, Texas

"This above all: To thine own self be true."
William Shakespeare's Hamlet

"To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid."
Miscellaneous

This article is absolutely brilliant. The thinking behind this is remarkable. Another theory of reality i think you may be interested in is the theory that everything you see is an illusion, a dream created by the mind. Everything you see is not real. Wihich leads to the thought, when we fall asleep, do we go into an Inception-like dream within a dream, or do we wake up, and see reality as it truely is? You would think that you can tell when your dreaming, and when your awake, but you really can't. In a dream, your mind comes up with a complete history of how you got to where you were. Also, in a dream, you normally can't remember the beginning, and most people can't remember the very beginning of their lives. Just something to chew on :)

julian GOLD said...
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon

That's a fascinating theory, and one that I totally agree with! I mean, it makes complete sense. Why should there be only one reality? To me that seems like such an unstable state for the universe(s) to be in. Having an infinite variety is stable in the fact that no matter what happens, there will always be infinite universes. Basically this ensures that the human race will never die out. And wouldn't it be cool if we could go to those alternate universes? Hopefully one that is a little more interesting than the one where you didn't misspell "universe" Haha, thanks for your thoughts. Sharing ideas is awesome!

AddieLynnLynn SILVER, Dallas, Georgia
So true! I never thought about it that way, but I will now! I don't ever think I could look at the world the same again,(but in a good way!) Loved this! Can't wait to read more!