My (Fake-and VERY Sarcastic) Response to a (Real, but Fake) Dear Abby | Teen Ink

My (Fake-and VERY Sarcastic) Response to a (Real, but Fake) Dear Abby

By Jean16Bean PLATINUM, Batavia, New York
Jean16Bean PLATINUM, Batavia, New York

"Writing is not hard. Just get paper and pencil, sit down and write as it occurs to you. The writing is easy-it's the occurring that's hard."-Stephen Leacock

Read the Dear Abbys from 6/29/11, and pay close attention to the one signed “Gangbanger”.
Dear Abby, in response to 6/29/11 “Gangbanger”, do not regret how you have lived your life. It is terrible that you had the misfortune to be caught, but if others are careful, they and their gang full of “homeboys” can live a good life. It is sickening that parents will try to replace that bond, trying to be “helpful”. Ever heard the expression “live like you are dying”? So true! Use drugs and alcohol, it makes life so much more pleasurable. And if Jesus is your homeboy, too, you will have a long and happy life with your gang.

Signed,

A Happy Homeboy

I read the Dear Abbys everyday, just because they are so ridiculous, and they crack me and my family up. The one I am referring to was obviously not not written by a "Gangbanger", more like a middle-aged parent, so we found this one especially amusing, hence my response.