Life is a Game | Teen Ink

Life is a Game

By ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana
ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have you ever felt like you don't know where you are going? Like when you look at your life and don't know a thing about your future? What's going to happen tomorrow? Where will I be in 10 years? It's easy to feel this way especially when you are young. The pressure peers put on you can sometimes make you feel like they're better than you and that you should be dressing like this, or acting like that. Middle school can be some of the hardest years for this in particular. You see, middle school is like a game. Everybody is trying to prove themselves. People are changing, meeting new people, and sometimes can try to show they are better than others. But for some people, they struggle to keep up. If you think about it, your whole life is a game. Most people might think that to win, they have to reach the finish first with the most property. But the real winners, the wise ones, finish the game the way they started. By being themselves.

"You were born an original, don't die a copy." -John Mason

ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow thank you so much! I see that some of your work has been published in the magazine! How incredible! How did you do it? How did it feel to have your work being printed for many many others to read? ok enough with the questions, haha thanks again for commenting! I hope you reply soon!

ottersarah SILVER, Maryville, Tennessee

Everywhere, man blames nature and fate, yet his fate is only the echo of his character and passions, his mistakes and his weaknesses

Very true. Middle school is a screwy time in your life where you lack a solid sense of identity. Play your game with good intentions. Play your game with thoughtfulness. Play your game with a degree of skepticism. Love your work and good luck!

ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you so much! I will be sure to check out your poems and I hope you will check out more of mine! Thanks!

HeartandSoulequalsInspiration GOLD, Peotone, Illinois

We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence therefore, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle

That was beautiful! and i truly must agree. :) i love the way you use your words. Its like being in the same room with someone and having them speak to you. Truly inspired. ;) Bravo!!!!!!

ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

thank you so so muuch! u r incredible at poetry and soo sweet!! ill check out the rest of ur poems right away!!

McCauliflower SILVER, Whitinsville, Massachusetts

“There's nothing fundamentally wrong with people. Given a story to enact that puts them in accord with the world, they will live in accord with the world. But given a story to enact that puts them at odds with the world, as yours does, they will live at odds with the world. Given a story to enact in which they are the lords of the world, they will ACT like lords of the world. And, given a story to enact in which the world is a foe to be conquered, they will conquer it like a foe, and one day, inevitably, their foe will lie bleeding to death at their feet, as the world is now.”

Life is definitely a game and we're all the players. I wrote something similar to this awhile back, thanks for inspiring me to rewrite it :D