Life is a Game | Teen Ink

Life is a Game

June 20, 2012
By ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana
ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana
6 articles 0 photos 45 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Have you ever felt like you don't know where you are going? Like when you look at your life and don't know a thing about your future? What's going to happen tomorrow? Where will I be in 10 years? It's easy to feel this way especially when you are young. The pressure peers put on you can sometimes make you feel like they're better than you and that you should be dressing like this, or acting like that. Middle school can be some of the hardest years for this in particular. You see, middle school is like a game. Everybody is trying to prove themselves. People are changing, meeting new people, and sometimes can try to show they are better than others. But for some people, they struggle to keep up. If you think about it, your whole life is a game. Most people might think that to win, they have to reach the finish first with the most property. But the real winners, the wise ones, finish the game the way they started. By being themselves.


The author's comments:
"You were born an original, don't die a copy." -John Mason