Socially Savvy | Teen Ink

Socially Savvy

By GabeHall BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
GabeHall BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Texting, Tweeting, Face booking...these are common ways to stay in touch. As people we are very social creatures. We are constantly communicating with one another. This is why social skills are crucial to have. They are just so beneficial in the long run, it seems that nobody can’t get anywhere without them. There is a list of four benefits of having good social skills. Better relationships, better communications, advancing in your career, and overall happiness.If someone doesn't have any they need to think on how they can acquire these social skills in order to be successful.

First off... what are social skills? Social skills are ways to communicate to one another. It is how aware of what we are saying to others. With all of the social media out now there should be no reason someone shouldn't go out with friends. Even with all the media out in the world today some teens still sit on the dark abyss of their basement, having their minds controlled by an Xbox. These are people that will not meet new people and miss various opportunities. Social skills benefit people more than you think.

An article from Skills you need list four benefits of a good social life. The first is more and better relationships. Getting along with another individual will lead to strong friendships and relationships. People will be interested in that person because they at least appear to be interested in them. Having these connections with others will help open up even more opportunities for success. If the people like you it will be easy to work with them. They will listen to you more.

The second benefit is better communication. The ability to work with others is crucial even if the person is annoying. The ability to communicate is useless without good social skills. The ability to convey ones thoughts and ideas is a very important skill to have. Good communication is great for a career.

Another reason to have good social skills is the advancing in your career. According to Penelope Trunk most well paying jobs look for individuals with a particular skill set. the ability to get along with others, groups, and to keep people motivated. If someone is competing for a job promotion it will be a lot easier if you have that skill set.

The final benefit of having good social skills is just overall happiness. Getting along with others and knowing the right people will open up more opportunities. Having the confidence to start a conversation is the first step to being successful. There are some people that are just naturally shy. Sometimes it just takes a little effort to get in the loop, surround yourself with opportunities to get there

According to Eduard Ezeanu the first step to having good social skills is by surrounding yourself with opportunities. Try to meet new people. Go to restaurants and other places to meet new people. Remember to practice relentlessly, don’t give up. No matter how discouraged someones is they must keep on trying. Put effort forward .

There are so many benefits to having good social skills . It’s been proven so many times.. If someone has poor social skill they need to get some in order to create more opportunities. Good social skill are crucial to have in life. They will definitely help you in the long run.