Cancer | Teen Ink

Cancer

By Finney23 BRONZE, Morrisonville, New York
Finney23 BRONZE, Morrisonville, New York

These days, tons of people have cancer, many that doctors and researchers still haven’t found a cure to. It’s extremely sad to helplessly watch your family member who has a form cancer that can’t be cured suffer. In my opinion, they should manipulate amniotic fluid. The amniotic fluid nourishes our organs when we are in the womb, and stimulates our stem cells while developing in the womb. If that could help cure cancer, we should do it. We shouldn’t have to watch our family members die in front of us, when we can do something about it.

George W. Bush said that all scientists doing research on amniotic fluid testing need to stop after they have finished what they have been testing. (This testing was testing was tested on the stem cells.) The reason he did this is because they were worried that pregnant women would try to get pregnant and kill their baby just for the amniotic fluid. What he did was a load of crap; we probably could have saved tens of thousands of people by now if we would have let the scientists keep experimenting. In my opinion the mothers who are having cchildrenwouldn’t kill their unborn baby, just to get the amniotic fluid. I do understand where George W. Bush was coming from with the mothers, but that shouldn’t mean that they should’ve stopped all testing. If they did find out that amniotic fluid was the cure to many cancers, why should they have to tell us. They can cure the sick ones, with-out the public knowing that it’s the amniotic fluid. They could re-name the cure, and stop the suffering of our loved ones, especially the children.

The way that cancer is going these days is ghastly. Babies are being born out of the womb already with cancer, and they still haven’t lived the first day their life yet. It’s terribly sad to think that little kids who don’t even know how to read or write yet, have cancer. They don’t get a fair chance to even get to have a life. Some of the babies, who come out of the womb, can die in the next 24 hours prior birth.

I was at Burlington Hospital, and a little boy with cancer sat next to me in the lounge, and watched TV with me. To hear that boy laugh and not be in pain or getting sick was amazing. That day cancer really opened my eyes. If we don’t find a cure soon, cancer is going to be the death of the human race.