Dear Lorenzo | Teen Ink

Dear Lorenzo

By Jasmin2727 BRONZE, Corbett, Oregon
Jasmin2727 BRONZE, Corbett, Oregon

Dear Lorenzo,

Its been almost six years since I have seen you Lorenzo. I’m wishing that I could
of at least given you one more hug and a good bye. The only thing standing in my way
was a glass wall. I still remember that day like it was just yesterday.
It was me and my mom and my older brother Rene’s turn to visit you in jail. I remember saying to you “I love you and miss you a lot !” since I only have a certain amount of time to visit you. Well, it was my turn to pass the phone to my brother after he said a couple of words. The officer gave us a three minute warning. As we were getting up I remember you tapping on the window and you asking to speak to me. I picked up the phone. And you said “I love you and miss you. I ask one thing of you and that's is to make Erber and Alberto, my boys, feel like they are home!” As I was going to say something the officers said everybody had to hang up and leave. All I needed was one more second to say “YES!” As I look back I wish I just would've at least given you one more hug and a good bye. I see you standing there I feel a teardrop on my face saying to myself why. Why is there a glass wall standing in my way? I wish I could given you one more big hug. I look forward to see where I'm stepping, I look back to wave goodbye to see you, my godfather, gone.
I wish I could have at least of said “YES!”I know it been such a long time,but I know that one day I will be able to see you again.Then I’ll give you that hug. Thanks to you, I realize that family is the most important thing we have in this world. But I was too late to realize that. Now that I lost you that one person that I loved with all my heart !I'm just waiting for that day to come and see you again !

love,

your goddaughter

this was one huge topic i chose becaues i think it was really not far and i regret every think i did