My Goals | Teen Ink

My Goals

May 29, 2013
By Janect Castelan BRONZE, NEW YORK, New York
Janect Castelan BRONZE, NEW YORK, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My Goal




In the future I would like to become a makeup artist because I like to put on makeup and give makeovers to women. I like to see people’s faces when they see them self in mirror and have a good feeling when they have makeup on. According to the book Creative People (Devantier, Alecia T. Turkington ,Carol A.) a makeup artists does a lot of things behind the stage. For example, they retouch on celebrities and require to be clever when they applying makeup. If you keep reading, I will talk about the responsibilities and duties of a make-up artists.







The responsibilities and duties for a make-up artists, according to the article (Makeup Artists Job Responsibilities) is said that he or she is to sketch new and creative hairstyles with dashing dress styles, so that everything can match and look fabulous. The second step, according to the article (Makeup Artists Job Responsibilities), for makeup artists to use several techniques or treatments to cover up the other side effects from the over use of make-up. The third responsibility that makeup artist have is to update his or she knowledge about the latest beauty tips and products. Make-up artists also have to be unique on their techniques. The four step is that make-up artists are responsible to work under pressure. Finally, according to the article (Make-up Artists Job Responsibilities) these are the duties of a make-up artists and what they need to know.











Some make-up artists work on television sets or in studios to prepare actors for performances. Some work with fashion models on photo shoots and runway shows. Make-up artists who work in studios or on television sets, face many challenges such as the different lighting. Then sometimes they must make certain characters appear a certain age. Overall It’s really hard to get every detail perfect. Make-up artists need to practice on different various people with different face shape, gender, and age.











To becomes a make-up artists according to the book Creative People ( Devantier Alecia T. Turkington Carol A.) you will need is a high school diploma or GED to becomes a make-up artists. After high school you just need to learned the basic of make-up. If you want to you could go training school of make-up or talk class of make-up. Than just practice on doing makeup on people how they look after and before. Than try to study the faces and style of women in magazines. Just practice and try different stuff in your face.









In conclusion Make-up artists work hard and have to face various impediments during work. In order to become a successful makeup artist, you should look and find your own unique way to apply makeup to another individual. Once you find that unique way, you should keep practicing and enroll in beauty school. Once you graduate, find a job and you’ll enjoy your career.