Photographs in a Photograph | Teen Ink

Photographs in a Photograph

By AngelArrovvs SILVER, Randolph, Massachusetts
AngelArrovvs SILVER, Randolph, Massachusetts

“As if I were going to die would be as if I were to live forever.Just beyond the dawn comes the day where love will prevail.”

A girl with photographs,memories,and friendship is looking at what she has from the past.A girl with about a dozen pictures,she doesn’t really have much to say while she looks at her past with many things in only a few pictures in a moment she has while she doesn’t have anything she needs to do.The girl has tan skin,long,brown hair,a short black skirt,a white shirt,and is skinny. Also,the photos are faced down and scattered across her lap and the floor. Represented in the photo,the floor is dark and wooden,and the girl is leaning against a bed with a deep dark blue sheet on it,there is a single pillow on the bed. The light is very dim in this picture as if it is night and only has a light peeking in from outside the room.The only person in this room is the girl,she is sitting on the floor with nothing under her and a box next to her. The room is extraordinarily quiet.The pictures that she has are from a Polaroid camera,they have a black square where the picture would be and a white frame with smooth edges. The girl is looking down at the photographs she has. The girls hair is covering some of her shoulders and is mostly in back of her. The girl seems thoughtful by the way she is looking at the pictures, she wants to remember some things that have happened to her over her life. The girl is looking through her memories and memories of others.This girl is like me,she is alone and does not bother to share her thoughts,but gets lost in the moment she has while she can experience them all over again.She gets to enjoy what she has without really wanting anything more,and she wants to remember the past and who she is and was. Many things have probably happened to us between what happened during that moment and what is happening now, this is like part of my life,just taking the time to slow down and take in what you can while you still can and taking the time to remember the past while it is important to you. If I could really meet her,see her for who she truly is. Then maybe we can become amazing friends and have many things in common,and maybe we could even become best friends who are like sisters. In the end she puts back these photographs and putting away her memories until she pulls them out again and looks at them,and that may even be the final time she looks at the photographs.

So I was in composition class in 2010 and I found this old thing. It still seems really cool and I question still how I wrote it in 9th grade. I guess if you want to read it you can and see how my thoughts were back then.