Gay Rights | Teen Ink

Gay Rights

November 7, 2013
By Sydnei Head BRONZE, Powder Springs, Georgia
Sydnei Head BRONZE, Powder Springs, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Transcendentalism is defined to me through many life living experiences and situations. I feel as though gay rights and Transcendentalism connect to the world currently today more than anything. Gay rights today has become one of the more world renown situations because many people are staring to feel confident and express themselves with the term, gay. Today there are much more laws and rules for gay/ lesbians than there were a few years back and a lot more people care about this today than in the past. I don't think that a gay person should be treated any different than a regular straight person in marriage, jobs, restaurants, or anything else. Through the transcendentalist thought, Thoreau really points out that we the people should make bold statements and defend our society with our own thought. Therefore, Thoreau would most likely fight the laws against gay rights and get justice for everyone because we need to be as one through the nation. Today there are many organizations that support gay rights but I focused on one called the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) which supports gay rights heavily and provides much information on the topic and donation offers.