Equality & Transcendentalism | Teen Ink

Equality & Transcendentalism

By valhous BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
valhous BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia

Equality has been a topic of debate ever since the beginning of time. Whether it’s a debate over equality and rights for different genders, races, or beliefs, there are always different points of view. It is important for people to be equal, everyone is human no matter what, and everyone has the same heart, therefore giving everyone one the right to be human. No group of humans is superior to another. We have worked over time to open the eyes of humanity and show that they are the same as the people they aren’t accepting to be equal and depriving of rights. In the past, we have strived for equality between genders and different races, however, in today’s society, multiple people tend to overlook this issue since it is not brought to the publics attention like it has been in the past. We need to help by first seeing everyone as equal, and then helping other people see everyone as equal by opening their eyes to this horrible problem. One way we can help this broad situation by first starting out small, you can become a member of the Human Rights Campaign, which is an organization that supports and strives for gay equal rights. Together, we can make a small change that will result in a bigger change in society, we can strive for and achieve equality and equal rights for everyone.