Moving Forward | Teen Ink

Moving Forward

By Darlalinda GOLD, Hagatna, Other
Darlalinda GOLD, Hagatna, Other

"If you think it's time to let go, just let go. For there is no point in looking back at what you have lost. For the road of life was never meant to be travel backwards."

Ahh! My mind screamed. It is November 13, 2013 and I can't believe I've just turned 22 years old. Where does the time go? I was just 5 years old sitting on my dad's lap eating ice cream. I'm just so amazed at how time goes by really quickly. I thought I would never get to the point were I'll be in my twenties, going to college, and being away from home. Now that I'm finally in my twenties, I'm like "whooaa!" I miss my dad, I miss being little, and all I ever cared about was what would my barbie be wearing. Today, as I open my eyes to a new year for me, I'm just thankful that I'm even given the opportunity to live another year. I'm blessed beyond measure, and yet I tend to not appreciate it. So a little note for those who worry about getting old, enjoy life while you're still young and be thankful for every year you have been given. Life is not meant to be looked backwards, it was meant to go forward.