My Love for Movies | Teen Ink

My Love for Movies

March 17, 2015
By NSchubert SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
NSchubert SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."


If someone were to ask me something that I love in this world, some of the completely obvious things would be my family.  That’s a little bit of a no brainer.  But one thing that I do love is movies.  The first movie that I remember watching was Spider-Man.  I found my family’s VHS copy of the movie and watched it almost immediately.  I loved it right away.  I watched it so many times that by age seven the tape had gotten so messed up that it came loose and got stuck in the VHS player. 


I’ve expanded my horizons over the years to other superhero movies like Iron Man and The Dark Knight.  But I’ve also formed a love of the classics such as Star Wars and Indiana Jones.  Movies have been such a big part of my life. For me, something that is really special is just going to a movie theater.  It’s a nice way to escape a lot of troubles and just enjoy a good movie.  To me a movie is more than just a movie.  It’s an experience.  It’s a way to immerse oneself in a world that would never be able to exist in real life. 


The best kinds of movies are the kinds that are so good that a person wants to be there.  They want to be flying on a broom playing Quidditch with Harry Potter.  They want to be riding a horse and whipping a whip with Indiana Jones.  Movies like that are the ones that I love more than any other kind. My love of movies is so strong that it’s affected my career choice in the future.  My plans are to study film in college and go on to become a director.  I’ve aspired to becoming a director, even from age nine, when I would take my family’s video camera into my room and attempt to make movies.  They looked really bad, probably because I was using an ironing board to hold the camera because I didn’t have a tripod.  They were really crude movies, but they were my movies.  It was a great feeling knowing I had been able to make something similar to the movies that I love.


Movies are a huge chunk of my life, and they always will be.  Without movies, I don’t think I would be as creative as I am today.  I hope that later down the road, I’ll be able to make my own movies that people will love like all the movies that I love.