Life | Teen Ink

Life

By Kate White SILVER, Naperville, Illinois
Kate White SILVER, Naperville, Illinois

Ok so here is what I know. Life is complicated but it can also be simple. Sometimes the simplest things in life can get blown out of proportion into a huge complicated mess. But at the end of it all, everything will turn out ok. It won’t matter who we fought with, who we dated, or who we were friends with, all that will matter is that we made it. And the people that made it out with us, those are the people that are worth keeping around for a very long time. Right now, times are tough but there is a light at the end of the tunnel even if we can’t see it just yet. It’s out there, we just need to keep looking. Sometimes it takes a big event to make you realize just how precious life is and how much you should value and cherish the life you have been given everyday. For no one knows when their life will be over, so live your life to the fullest everyday. Don’t worry about what people might think about you. Don’t try to be what everyone else wants you to be, be the person that you want to be. If people can't accept that, then oh well. They aren't meant to be in your life and you aren't meant to be in theirs. This stuff happens and we can't really control it. It’s all part of God's plan for us. He knows that everything will be okay in the end. We just have to make it there. And there will be good times and bad times, breakups and makeups. People will come and go and others will just stay with you forever. Life is an amazing thing that everyone should be so grateful for. I know that I am, and that I wouldn't rather be anywhere else but here.

I was really upset one night when I wrote this and when I get upset, I write. I don't plan out what I am going to write, I just sit at the computer and let the words flow. I hope that readers will like this piece and that it will help them if they are having a bad day like I had. I hope you like it!