Need for a January 0 | Teen Ink

Need for a January 0

February 20, 2016
By Raveenasri BRONZE, Bangalore, Other
Raveenasri BRONZE, Bangalore, Other
3 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
We are stars wrapped in skin. The light we are seeking has always been within.


Okay, to begin with, 

 

At the end of December, almost all of us have certain goals, wish lists kept ready which we want to accomplish on the upcoming year. So certainly, we find most of the faces with full charged energy, thrill and zeal with eagerness to start the year and achieve a lot, moreover, to hit their goal.

Not forgetting that these stimulated minds are also with the urge of “New Year Party – Celebration – Hangovers”. Well, A New Year has to be celebrated because it marks a new beginning, a brand New Year, brings brand new days. Thus, New Year eve has plenty of reasons to be celebrated.

Today, if you are a person of cities, and are of 16-30 age group ( P.S everyone but especially 16-30), what strikes you instantly as soon as you think of New Year Celebrations? Probably its – “Parties – Hangovers” which includes dances, music, get-togethers, Alcohol and of course Selfies!  I bet the 98% of young people seen out on the evenings of December 31st are out for celebrations.

Sir Aristotle once said “WELL BEGUN IS HALF DONE”

So that means, a well spent January 1 is 50% success of the year.

But sadly, most of those with lengthy wishlists wake up with a hangover on Jan 1, full dizzy, tired, indolent and at some random place (Few of them, not all). And the result – We are definitely not productive and not at our capacity to start an awesome day (P.S – Thank the Govt for Holiday on Jan 1). Is this the way to start a brand new year? Also, maybe that is the reason, we are in the same condition on both jan 1 and dec 31. 

In the ideal world, one should wake up to a fresh mind, a healthy and super energetic mind with birds chirping at the windows to signal the shedding of the old and the dawn of the new.

 

Nowadays, these parties and hangovers just cannot be avoided. We may need to jump to another alternative. Perhaps a January 0!

 

I ecstatically feel that this day be put officially on calendars, replacing December 31st. Because, there is nothing better than having January 1 as the start of a year. So, on January 0, we would have time to get cured from the hangover remnants. Otherwise, before we realize, before we are ready for the new year ahead, we end up messing the first day itself! And that’s not a good choice. So, after January 0, that is on January 1, we would be able to kick start the Grand New Year. :-)

 

So, precisely, 0th day of the year will be for recovery, recuperation, reconciliation, reconnection and rejuvenation.


The author's comments:

January 0. A brand new thing to think about. Read and discover yourself! Happy Reading.