If I Were Mayor of My Town | Teen Ink

If I Were Mayor of My Town

October 21, 2018
By Anonymous

Every town that you have ever visited is likely going to have a mayor or leader. Many people in my city do not do not like all of the changes that the mayor’s have made or changed throughout the cities existence.  If I were the mayor of my town I would make many changes.

Mayors have many jobs to execute, one of the main jobs is keeping their town in good condition.  If I were to be the mayor of Palm Desert, the first thing that I would change would be helping the homeless community.  Helping these people will be a huge task including trying to get them into a homeless shelter and sending them on a new path in life.  First, I would raise a large amount of money to help these people. I would then make a huge public service announcement to cause all of the homeless meet at one place so we can take them to a homeless shelter and help them. I would do this because when I see a homeless person now, they brings me loads of sorrow because I can’t imagine myself being in that position in this horrible heat.  If I accomplish this I know it will help the homeless, our community, and myself.

Mayor’s also have a huge role in keeping their community happy.  All of the children that live here in Palm Desert have likely been to most every attraction in our valley. After a long period of time and fun going to these attractions, they become very boring.  If we had more attractions in the valley my friends and I would have a lot more fun bonding. This would also help my community because we could make loads of money from it. This would be large task but we could make it happen with donations or a go fund me page.  Types of new attractions include another water park, a huge theme park, more hotels, another mall, and more sports courts. If our city was able to accomplish this I will have the best rest of my life here in the valley.

Mayors also could make the children of our town happy in another way, which includes a sports team.  If the mayor allowed more middle school sports then all of the middle-schoolers would be very well prepared for high school sports.  High School sports shape out the rest of their lives. Also, many of the students at our middle school would enjoy a tackle football team or other sports teams.  This would make us middle schoolers insanely happy.

I'm very happy in which mayors support our community. But in these few ways we could make our town so much more lively here in Palm Desert, California.  The changes that I will will make as mayor will affect our town greatly in an amazing way.


The author's comments:

This piece is very important to me because it shows the amazing and creative ideas that I have come up with to make our city an even more amazing place for children to grow up in.