Danger Of European Migration | Teen Ink

Danger Of European Migration

February 6, 2019
By Anonymous

Do you ever wonder how dangerous migration is from africa to europe? Did you know that only 40% of immigrants from Africa reach Europe at full health?  They feel at home in their countries and ready for a new life. This research will investigate the reasons of migration from Africa to Europe, the journey that they have to take, and the experiences once they arrive to Europe.

P2: There are several reasons why people migrate from Africa to Europe. One of several reasons that people migrate from Africa is because they are in search for work to maintain their family. They also leave because they are in look for a better life for them and their family.  People want to start from 0 when they arrive at Europe. Another reason is that people migrate to Europe is because according to Efran Awo Dovi there is to much poverty in Africa for people to raise a family or even themselves. They leave for Europe because they believe that Europe is a safe land where they can start their new lives. The last reason that they leave is because of unemployment in Africa. A lot of people starve for days because of no money.  However the journey isn't as easy as we think it is.


P3: The journey that Africans have to take to get to Europe is dangerous. Only 40% of the African migrants reach Europe at full health. According to Yomee Kazeem African migrants start their journeys of by crossing the sahara desert until reaching a small town to the west of Africa called libya. There is where African migrants meet with there coyotes. According to the article of Quartz Africa it costs around 1500 to 2500 dollars from a trip from Africa to Europe. After they reach libya a lot of migrants jump in little boats for their journey. Also according to Quarts Africa it takes about 2 - 3 months to reach Europe safe. To make this journey possible migrants must be prepared with food because according to Center For Global Development they must follow the route that the smugglers want to and normally they stop once or twice in the whole journey to small islands for a break of a night or two. There is a lot of danger and fighting when in the sea.


P4: When African migrants arrive to Europe they have to go through a process in order to legally enter Europe. When immigrants enter Africa from the nearest coast of Europe they begin with a large process of check up. According  to Facts Sheet About The European Union migrants arrive at italy and then move their way up through Europe. When they arrive they are checked at the border for their passports, witch a lot of immigrants loose in their way through the mediterranean sea. After they are also checked for fingerprints and their past life in Africa where is where the majority of the migrants come from. They are also asked for birth certificate and questions about their life of what they have been involved in. The majority of the migrants are let in the continent. The ones who are not let in because of their passport or their birth certificate are deported quickly after the revision process. The majority of the migrants are “safe” after clearing the revision process.


P5: Conclusion

To conclude, This research will investigate the reasons of migration from Africa to Europe, the journey that they have to take, and the experiences once they arrive to Europe. This is a big problem in the world and not only a problem but a real danger for all this people. Many people are dying but the results are great if they succeed.


The author's comments:

 This is about migration witch is a very important topic and event that is happening right now.