Families Belong Together | Teen Ink

Families Belong Together

By sofiamenesesr BRONZE, Monterrey, Other
sofiamenesesr BRONZE, Monterrey, Other

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Suffering, pain, violence that is migration. Right now one of the biggest issues of the world is migration. Migration happens everywhere and its caused by multiple reasons. Every migrant has a different story, migrant families are getting separated at the border separating the United States and Mexico. This is a wrong thing to do because the children are very young, the kids can grow up with certain factors or insecurities, and because the children are placed in adoption centers. These are just a few of the many reasons why separating migrant families is bad.

Migrant families are getting split at the border, images are being shown and the children are very young, the youngest age of children being taken in 18 months old. Taking children at such young ages is very bad, taking children at any ages from their parents is bad, but smaller children need parents more. The children don’t have a saying on the matter and they can’t do anything about being taken because probably at such a young age you don’t understand what is happening. Growing up without parents is hard for many reasons. According to UNICEF USA, an example is that you may grow up without certain factors like self-esteem because parents always give their children their loving words. That is why it is bad that children so young get separated by their families.

Kids growing up without certain factors, insecurities or beliefs because of being separated at such a young age from their parents. According to RC PSYCH “, a sense of loss - separation from a parent can mean you lose not only your home but your whole way of life.” This means that children that grow up without their parents feel a sense of loss in life without their parents, that is probably what the migrant children felt when they were separated from their parents. This matter because no one would like to get separated from their parents because a parent's love has a very important effect from a child. To conclude we can see the suffering that migrant families go through.

Migrant kids are placed in adoption centers and that can really affect the kids by not being with their biological parents. According to NEWS “ It had been 10 weeks since Ramos had last held her 2-year-old, Alexa. Ten weeks since she was arrested crossing the border into Texas and U.S. immigration authorities seized her daughter and told her she would never see the girl again. What followed — one foster family initially successful attempt to win full custody of Alexa.” This means that not only are families being separated but kids are also being put in adoption centers. This matters because young children are losing their parents and are being put in adoption centers when nothing happened and they actually have their real parents but are being separated. This is what migrants go through and all the pain and suffering they go through.

To conclude migrant families go through suffering and pain by being separated, this is a wrong thing to do because the children are very young, the kids can grow up with certain factors or insecurities, and because the children are placed in adoption centers. This connection to the world because children and parents can separate for many different reasons some could be divorce or death. In the future I see this topic getting worse because more families can start getting separated and things can become worse and a moment is going to come where trump gets frustrated and things get out of hand. To finalize migrant should not be separated because of the age of the children, the kids can grow up with certain factors or insecurities and because the children are placed in adoption centers.

Balbina said...
Balbina, Monterrey, Other
I really like your article

cfernandez BRONZE, Santa Catarina, Other
1 article 1 photo 2 comments

"Politeness is deception in pretty packaging"
-Divergent, Veronica Roth

i loved ur article

1 article 1 photo 2 comments

-Divergent, Veronica Roth

You are soooo goood!!