Wake Up America! | Teen Ink

Wake Up America!

By darkangel09 GOLD, South Huntington, New York
darkangel09 GOLD, South Huntington, New York

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."-Voltaire

I can’t fathom the idea why people are so fast to defend Obama. Doesn’t anyone realize what he's done-doing to this once great nation? Look at us; we were once high and mighty, now Obama is apologizing for our every move. Oh you’re a terrorist? Sorry America has been so mean to you, when you’ve only founded attack us.
People need to wake up! Especially this generation! We are the ones to inherit this mess! A county were its people don’t have a say in the government! It’s supposed to be the government of the people for the people! Not the people of the government for the government!
Obama is forcing stuff down our throats that we the PEOPLE don’t want!
Yes the Bush administration racked up some dept, but look at Obama administration, they racked up so much more dept then Bush did in 8years, they’ve beat in under two!
Does anyone know the facts anymore? Does anyone even care where this country is going?
Look at us; we were once a force to be reckon with! Now countries are walking all over us! We vowed to protect curtain countries, but now we’ve turned our backs on them. Turned our back on our friends and becoming our enemies!
There is a reason European countries are running from national wide Health care. There is a reason why people ran to our country.
But those reasons are fading away. DC is corrupt. This administration is corrupt!
The media is pinning blacks against whites, and it’s working! We know longer have the right to vote and not be harassed! The head of the Justice system has already said they will not prosecute a white complaining about a black being raced to them.
Is that fare?
What government has the right to control our media!
They are literally pinning us against each other
Blacks and whites together need to stand up and fight for what we believe in! Fight against what is surely be our undoing!
Or we will completely loose our once great nation. One that we are already loosing…

True. I agree that sometimes we have to be the bigger person but I don’t think we should apologize for something we hadn’t done. 

mskullgirl GOLD, Waban, Massachusetts

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream -Edgar Allen Poe

I'm not sure what I think of Obama but guess what? We've screwed up. Majorly. Sure the other guys have to but we can be the bigger person and apoligize first. True we've inherited a bad situation but guess whose fault that is? Yeah us. We need to take respolsibility for our acctions

Wow I had no idea that the senate had almost done that! I was unaware of that! That is actually shocking to me that people would actually let that almost happen! Our freedom of speech? Wow. But I was aware of the rest and it’s screwed up. I can’t fathom why people are letting it happen right in front of their faces. Its sad and messed up. One-day people are going to wake up to a rude awaking and their going to wonder what happened…

Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

We need to liberate the market from the constraints of this fat, burdensome government. I am so sick of Obama's lies about creating jobs.

"The stimulus will save or create three million jobs"

For a trillion dollars, you can create 15 million jobs! It doesn't matter. He will continue with his profligate spending, despite that the so-called "stimulus" was an obvious failure, he has taken away our health care system (that is exactly what I said), they passed a so-called "Wal-street reform bill" which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the housing collapse of 2007, which might I add, was caused by government in the first place, today, July 28, the senate came within three votes of effectively undoing the first amendment with this phony "Disclose Act", which is an incredible assault on freedom of speech, now they're going to work on cap and trade, which will devastate the economy. In addition, at 2011 plus one second, your taxes are going up; they are going to be increasing the federal income tax and capital gains tax, and the Bush tax cuts are expiring, which were across the board tax-cuts, not just for the so-called "rich".

He's the savior of small businesses!

Our over romanticized history...but I respectfully disagree..

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

I can't help but politely disagree. I admit, government needs major improvement. But I think that you're just pinning your dissatisfaction with it on Obama, because he is the president. I think Obama is one of the greatest presidents that has been in office recently, definitely better than Bush.

I doubt that America is unbecoming a great nation. We are pictured to be perfect because of romanticized history.