WIll We Change the World? | Teen Ink

WIll We Change the World?

By classicStara PLATINUM, Potomac, Maryland
classicStara PLATINUM, Potomac, Maryland

"I will change the world"
Everyone wants to change the world, but it takes action not words to do so.
"We will make the world greener"
But new technology only makes global warming increase more rapidly.

We are the new generation. Its our duty to take care of the world and its inhabitants. But how can we do so when everyone is either on the computer or watching t.v? While people in Sudan are practically experiencing a genocide, people are enjoying their lives and complaining about stupid things.

And thats not bad, enjoying life. But it wouldn't hurt to spread awareness, help people, and yes this expression is used too often, but we can change the world. And the process will be slow. But instead of making machines, and wars for our own selfish needs, why not use our minds to help our home grow?

We are called the millenium generation. What a great name for such a lazy generation. I'm sorry, but from what I've seen, kids no longer play as much as they used to outside. They just sit inside their homes like hermits. If we don't know whats going on in the world how can we change it?

And as for the political figures, its time they start sweet talking America and start doing something for the sake of it. If Obama, or other important figures want to be in charge, then do small things that can help society and the world. You don't have to pass laws to do that. People themselves can travel, help people, do all those small things.

I understand the duties of the president are a big responsibility. But the world needs more than words to fix the massacre with people and animals together. So just spreading the word:

Why not accomplish something everyday, so you have something to be proud of? Something that could help, one action at a time.

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

This is great! Read my article titled "We are the next generation"

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

All I can add to this well-written article is a hearty 'amen' and a genuine 'thank you.'