Occupy...What? | Teen Ink

Occupy...What?

October 8, 2011
By emsolsen SILVER, New Canaan, Connecticut
emsolsen SILVER, New Canaan, Connecticut
6 articles 1 photo 2 comments

At first, it was 'censored'. Not many news stations were broadcasting it and no newspapers were printing it. The only way the word was getting around was by blogs and obviously, YouTube. In fact, that is how I heard about it, watching the Phillip DeFranco shoe about two or three weeks ago.

Now the protests are massive; tons of people took over the Brooklyn Bridge just a couple of days ago. The arrests are also massive. 700 people have been arrested, and some have even been beaten or sprayed with pepper spray. Sounds like a protest in a third world country, right?

In a way, I kind of agree with some of the messages put out there by Occupy Wall St. Where are the jobs? What happened to the economy? Why to some people make tons of money, and others lose so much?

Overall, I find these protests fascinating. The fact that they have gone on for four weeks is just incredible, and now the protests are spreading all over the country. From Georgia to California, you will hear about some sort of "Occupy" protest.

What are views on the Occupy Wall St. protests?


The author's comments:
Just my point of view on the Occupy Wall St. protests.