New Perspective | Teen Ink

New Perspective

By Rebel21 PLATINUM, St. Catharines, Other
Rebel21 PLATINUM, St. Catharines, Other

Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame,
Where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned.
Just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die,
You've got to get up and try.

Something about philosophy has me drawn like a fly can't resist a bright light. I'm starting to experience and understand its' meaning, the love of wisdom in the way that I disagree that life is one way and that it is a battle. I believe life is an endless book with never- ending chapters; I am convinced that no human will ever read each of these pages.

The diversity created on earth in total is truly amazing, it only makes the book of life even longer. Still, people like me will put a life into trying to understand it, reading is the easy part. We do it because we have a passion of wisdom. We're just too curious about the element of life to settle for the answers that will remain unknown; so we try to answer them ourselves.

There's a sense of ambition and adventure in every philosopher because we have questions worth answering. Those possible answers will be worth teaching to a world that has seemed to stop caring. I think all of us have one goal and that is to create a more popular interest in philosophy, so that the human race can work as a team to try to finish reading the book of life. More importantly, to help each other understand it. If day by day goes by and philosophy gets pushed farther and farther back into our minds, then we're running out of time to discover the diversity, the similarities, the emotions, the meanings, the lessons, and how to understand and accept it all. A poet once taught me,

“We so seldom understand each other. But if understanding is neither here nor there, and the universe is infinite, then understand that no matter where we go we will always be smack dab in the middle of nowhere. All we can do is share some piece of ourselves, and hope that it’s remembered. Hope that we meant something to someone” - Shane Koyczan.

This brings me to the simple conclusion that life will expire before we understand it all, so all that we can do is make our life a life worth remembering and a life worth cherishing. We need to understand that, and that accomplishing little by the end is alright. As long as we understand that happiness is the only chapter worth spending a life experiencing, a life worth cherishing we will have.

Thank you to my Uncle Kenny who has introduced me to this great new perspective.

Rebel21 PLATINUM, St. Catharines, Other

You've got to get up and try.

Tell me what you think!