John McCain for President | Teen Ink

John McCain for President MAG

Republican candidate John McCain has experience in our nation’s government. His views on border security and the environment make him well suited for the nation’s soon-to-be vacant spot in the White House.

McCain shows great leadership and involvement in the nation’s welfare. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy and was a naval aviator for 22 years. He survived his first near-death experience in July 1967, as he was preparing to take off on a bombing mission during the Vietnam War. A rocket from a nearby plane struck and exploded the fuel tanks of McCain’s plane. McCain was given the option to go home with an honorable discharge, but he refused and volunteered for another five and half years. This act of courage shows McCain’s perseverance, strength, and determination to serve his country.

During McCain’s twenty-third bombing mission in Vietnam, he was shot down. Fortunately, he survived, but he became a prisoner of war for years at the “Hanoi Hilton” prison camp. After his release, ­McCain demonstrated once again his tenacious love for his country, continuing his career as a naval aviator. McCain retired from the Navy in 1981 with the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross honors.

In 1982, McCain was elected to the House of Representatives from Arizona. He promoted strengthening the armed forces, reforming government, and eliminating unnecessary federal spending. Then, in 1986, he was elected to the U.S. Senate and has served continuously since.

McCain has experience close to the presidential ­position, making him an ideal next president of the United States. His campaign slogan speaks for itself: “Ready From Day One.” His experience in the armed forces and involvement in Congress give McCain significant advantages over other candidates.

McCain holds firm to his desire to secure the ­borders, and provides an effective plan for doing this. Illegal immigrants flood into the nation, costing millions of taxpayer dollars. McCain has devised a plan to tighten security at our borders. By doing this, McCain believes that the U.S. will be able to address immigration problems more effectively. McCain recognizes the importance of building strong allies with Latin America and assimilating our immigrant population, having them learn U.S. history and English.

McCain will also lead the way to a cleaner, greener environment. As a leader in preventing global warming, he vows to ensure cleaner air and water. McCain also believes that conserving U.S. resources will boost the nation’s economy. In addition, he would promote global participation in reducing greenhouse gases. McCain would like to reduce carbon emissions by harnessing market forces, promoting alternative energy, and reducing dependence on foreign fuel. McCain will create a presidential legacy by promoting the conservation of our environment.

John McCain is the best candidate in the 2008 ­election because his experience outweighs that of ­other candidates. ­McCain has devised two necessary plans that would directly help U.S. citizens and further the ­nation as a world power by setting a positive example for other countries.

LaQuasia Jordan BRONZE, Roslindale, Massachusetts
i dont think McCain would have fit the job. Im glad that Obama won. It shows how much this country has progressed. All this stuff about Obama and whether he is a citizen or not is a bunch of non-sense.

americanteen97 SILVER, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
No.NO. NO! The Republicians have ruined us! BEcause of them we are in a crisis! Bush was a Repubulican and he was horrible. And just because he knew a terrorist when he was a kid doesn't mean he is one.

And Guess what? BARACK OBAMA WON!

And the world will improve!

HOPEMVP said...
I really thought this topic as whole was excellent,I VOTED FOR McCAIN. Obama just wasn't enough actual facts on him on his website or any anything. I mean in his bio it didn't make any sense. Was he really born here as a USA citizen.

i don't like maccain!!

zuriii said...
this is a good article, but you are missing information on why NOT to vote for obama. he beat the odds.

I agree because McCain has a lot of expieriance and knows what hes doing.All you people are saying u are racist if u dont vote for obama,but u are sexest if u dont for McCain

I do my best to remain calm but this is bias and unnecessary. I understand we are all entitled to opinions. HERE IS MINE. John McCain is not qualified to lead the the richest country on the earth. Obama is president for a reason. He went from underdog to top dog in a year. America saw change and took the hope. He said we picked hope over fear. We did. and you're source is probabvly the most bias McCain site there is.

im way too young to vote, but if i could i would of voted McCain. ive been labeled as a racest before, and i am now hated by many of the stuck up rich kids at my school. I am not a racest, i just dont like obama. the artical was very good and i suport the writer all the way. Mccain should of won, but he didnt. amarica is falling apart at the seems, NO WE CANT

Although I disagree with your stand on the election, it was well written. Barack Obama is best fit for president....

If McCain won, I don't know where we'd be. Palin is just...terrible. She was my biggest concern, but I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore.

oboma da man said...
dude dont be rasist we all have our own opionj though but rasisum isnt kool

LOKO MONO! said...
OH YEEEEEEEEEEE!

schoolrocks said...
i have one ting to say mccain should of won by the way great artical p.s the vote was riged

breeluh. said...
While I personally supported Barrack Obama, I really like this article because it was well written, and unlike other article, it didn't use rumors about Barrack Obama as a reason to support him.

I wish he would have won):

loko mono said...
ummmmmmmmmm he should of won

wondergrl95 said...
Haha! Obama won! I respect your opinion but McCain does not have good judgment at all. Obama was the better choice and I can not wiat until January and the inauguration! Obama in the White House baby!

Good peice, nice info. i just have 3 words. BARACK IS BEST. And 3 more. BARACK OBAMA WON.

Sunshine said...
Good writing. I love that you only presented why we should vote for McCain instead of bashing Barack Obama. Most others sling mud around. (p.s,I supported President-elect Obama)

lil b. said...
I thought that McCain would do ay-ok... but then OBAMA's speech was more better and more descriptive about what he would do about the nation's economy and the taxes for people. McCain's speech wasn't all that good, I mean, he barely told what he was going to do... so then ummmm... Sorry McCain.Pr

marystone said...
Two words: Barrack Won!