Corruption | Teen Ink

Corruption

We are taught at a very young age to always follow the rules and to follow your leaders. But we are not taught that sometimes your leaders are nothing more then corrupt Liars.

Everyone needs some sort of role model, I believe anyway, and naturally people go to the authority looking for role models and sometimes that's a bad move. All people have something that can be considered "Corrupt" about them, but sometimes so people are just fully corrupt.

A lot of governments scam people, and in a way force people to worship them. Take North Korea for Instance, they executed people that didn't cry at their previous leaders funeral.

Another example would be Iran, which still executes people for being "witches". I believe that the Iranian government knows that these people aren't witches but that they continue to execute them for power.

Power corrupts, no political leader is fully safe from being corrupted by power.

So my question is for those corrupt leaders, what about the people that count and depend on you? Can you look them in the eyes and Lie to them ?