Russians at it Again | Teen Ink

Russians at it Again

By chrisflavell BRONZE, Birmingham, Other
chrisflavell BRONZE, Birmingham, Other

Let’s not kid ourselves, the Russians have a habit of not taking kindly to anything the west says, does or thinks! The political situation in Ukraine is no exception. As soon as part of the population began to lean towards Europe and the West, bringing down any affiliations with the west, Mr. Putin decides to pin the blame. Automatically this is the US and west in general before Obama and co have had chance to speak out. This is the Russians at it again.

Let us first tackle the scariest part of the situation, violence. Russia believes that the people camped in independence square are not Ukrainian. They believe the west have sent them to prevent them committing to deals and loans with Russia. This is obviously false. At the time of the start of the violence President Yanukovych was still in power therefore meaning strict border security would have been in force. This makes it impossible for the West to have infiltrated the country, consequently the uprising must have been started within the country. Furthermore, the protest was described as a peaceful one something Russia also denies. I quote “if this is what peaceful citizens behave like, god help us with the violent ones.” This was said by a Russian minister in reference to the beginning of the uprising, he suggests that thugs and gangs were attacking and shooting on police, this was obviously not the case as we saw the police trying to dispose of protestors using force. The police then began to use snipers to kill protestors which resulted in many deaths and the eventual arrest warrant for the deposed president. Russia claims this warrant is on false grounds and cannot be upheld.

The Russians also state there are some very dark and dangerous forces in Ukraine, some self-proclaimed racists who have vowed to combat "Russians and Jews", for instance, followers of Fascist movements which were born by Ukrainians supporting Hitler against the Soviet Union. Recognizing Putsch leaders and jumping the gun would be paramount to giving Hitler the nod in 1933. Comparing the uprising to that of Hitler’s Nazi Germany is disgraceful, no war has begun and neither has genocide! Again a perfect example of nonsense from Russia

They also claim that using Europe and the IMF as a source of bailouts and the joining of the EU will mean jobs will be destroyed, the country will be colonized and that they will lose factories and farms. This again false, the opening of borders does not mean Ukraine will be colonized. In fact, in the current economic climate it could mean many could and would emigrate in search of a better quality.

From these few points we can, once again, see that the Russians are utterly clueless politically. If anything they are attempting to keep that bloc in place which produces their buffer from Europe and west. Maybe it’s time for them to have another long hard look at themselves.

Taking apart the Russian view on Ukraine.

Jack17 BRONZE said...
Jack17 BRONZE, Bend, Oregon

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" FDR

I am tired of people saying the Russians are our enemies. Of Bob Costas complaining about every little thing the Russians do. You know what, as a country we are probaly worse. We have held prisoners in Guatmela Bay for over a decade and haven't let them see a lawyer. We use drone strikes to kill people, some are innocent. Russia is probaly a better purer country then us