The Gun That Ended it All | Teen Ink

The Gun That Ended it All

By KaelaT SILVER, Freehold, New Jersey
KaelaT SILVER, Freehold, New Jersey

“There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.”

It is a known fact that at the age of eighteen you can register to vote. Every four years we see new candidates promising us things that cannot be delivered. We know that they can lie to us, tax us, create laws for us, but do we really know the extent the government can go? About 50 years ago the U.S government assassinated President John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

The Kennedy mystery of his death has been long debated and concealed from the public. All witnesses who saw the president slaughtered has died. Only one lived and the person who did, had a different story to tell about that day. Jean Hill or “the lady in the red coat” had been with her friend and sweet-talked a police officer to get inside to get a picture of the young president running for his second term. Jean Hill has passed on but I am fortunate enough to get a letter from her, and her story very much differs from the three-shot government story. She said that she heard 4 to 6 shots and they weren’t coming from the book depository, they were coming from a fence ahead. She also stated that when the secret service agents took her in for questioning, they tried to convince her she only heard three and all of them came from the book depository. Why do you think the government would lie to us about the assassination of one of our beloved presidents?

President Kennedy was almost a ‘middle ground’ of the two political parties. He was democratic, but in the eyes of his staff, he seemed more republican. They thought Kennedy was a pretty face for the country but where their true loyalty lie is with the Vice-President Lyndon B. Johnson. Johnson seemed democratic enough and everyone person on Kennedy’s staff knew it. They all wanted him to be the president instead of Kennedy. Even Johnson himself wanted to be president and he and President Kennedy often quarreled about that. The week before Kennedy’s assassination, the guy in charge of making sure he wasn’t hurt in any way was sent to Antarctica. After he was gone, the protection staff decreased to just barely enough secret service agents to not raise an eyebrow of the press. President Kennedy was even allowed to take the hood of the car off so he could be seen, and targeted, by the citizens.

The government has picked out a very special target to put this on. Lee Harvey Oswald. Oswald was a CIA spy under President Kennedy and had to keep a low, suspicious profile if put into the light. He was the perfect person to blame a murder on if it goes south. Photos of Lee Harvey Oswald, including the famous one of him holding an assault rifle used to kill Kennedy, were faked. This puts the exact image of a murderous lunatic on Oswald that they needed. The government can frame an innocent man for a murder they committed.

Another question we all have about Kennedy’s assassination is what about the magic bullet theory? The magic bullet theory is how that bullet reacts when contacted with Kennedy’s body. The bullet does a loopty-loop and goes from Kennedy’s neck to his shoulder then through a secret service agent’s wrist and into the driver’s knee. Somehow, the bullet stays in pristine condition as if it was never fired. In Jean Hill’s statement, she said she heard 4-6 bullets fired. That is enough bullets to miss twice then go into the president’s neck and into his shoulder. Also, enough to go through the secret service agent’s wrist and into the drivers knee. The bullet could have easily been replaced by the hospital so it is not know that it was fired and a lot harder to prove entry and exit points. Obviously, the bullet had to be planted by someone who can get close to Kennedy. Maybe even his own staff? The day before Kennedy passed his secretary gave a law to Johnson to sign the next day. One that Kennedy wouldn’t pass. He must have known Kennedy wouldn’t be around and that the vice-president could take his place. He could’ve been the person who conspired to kill President Kennedy or at least cover it up.

Some people think that Lee Harvey Oswald killed the President because of the way he handled the Cold War. Let me ask those people something. Why would he kill the man he worked under? Also, why would he still be working if he hated the man? Wouldn’t he have been fired? And where would he have shot from if the bullets didn’t come from the book depository? It just simply does not make sense. Some people also think that there isn’t enough evidence to put this on the government. Between the faked photos, the law passing, the defence personnel sent to Antarctica, and the letter, I think that is way more than enough evidence to convict someone.

There aren’t enough answers to this mystery and there probably never will be. All I ask is that you take this evidence into account and the next time you work for the government you better pack your bags for Russia because you might end up with blood on your hands.

There has been many misconception of the Kennedy assassination. This is what I, as do many others, believe. There is more overwhelming evidence that I unfortunately was unable to put into this piece.