Gun Control Won't Help | Teen Ink

Gun Control Won't Help

December 13, 2014
By RightWingExtremist BRONZE, Riverton, Utah
RightWingExtremist BRONZE, Riverton, Utah
4 articles 0 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan


Despite conventional wisdom, new gun laws will only make it worse. Here's something to consider: the U.S. has the third most murders in the world, but if you drop Detroit, Chicago, Washington D.C., and New Orleans, the U.S. is 4th from the bottom. These cities also happen to have the toughest gun control laws in the nation.

The thing about it is that criminals will always get a gun, no matter what you do. All you are doing is preventing law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by preventing sober people from getting cars. Criminals fear an armed populace. When criminals suspect someone may be armed, they will not attack that person. So if you live in a place that allows normal people to carry guns, criminals will have to keep in mind that the person may be armed, which in turn reduces crime, because criminals will be less willing to rob people.


The author's comments:

I'm trying to spread knowledge.