5 Reasons to Stop Hating Clinton | Teen Ink

5 Reasons to Stop Hating Clinton MAG

By YourFuturePresident PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington
YourFuturePresident PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington

"Never stop believing that fighting for what's right is worth it." - Hillary Clinton

Love her or hate her, one thing’s for certain: You know who she is. From the Children’s Defense Fund, to First Lady, to U.S. senator, to Secretary of State and now presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton has been in the public spotlight for the past 25 years. And being in the spotlight, especially in politics, means being exposed to criticism. And, boy, has she been criticized. Actually, that’s an understatement. She’s been completely bashed with negativity.

Unlike Bernie Sanders, who was not previously a household name, the public has had plenty of time to pick up rumors and slander Clinton. Yet she has proven herself able to withstand the rapid-fire criticism.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there who haven’t done their homework and still have misconceptions about Clinton. So here are five reasons why everyone should stop hating Hillary Rodham Clinton.

1. She has devoted practically her entire adult life to public service and has far better credentials and more experience than Donald Trump.

She worked as a lawyer in the Children’s Defense Fund, was First Lady, served on the U.S. Senate and as Secretary of State. Some – including President Obama – argue that she is the most experienced, qualified presidential candidate we’ve ever had. And that is no small deal. Experience is one of the most important factors in being good at anything, yet in this election there has been a strange obsession with “outsiders.” Many are flocking to the candidate with zero experience – Donald Trump – and claiming that it’s a good thing. Come on, people! You wouldn’t be excited about a lack of experience if we were talking about choosing a heart surgeon, would you?

2. Clinton’s numbers add up. Many renowned economists have looked at her detailed plans and concluded that her ideas not only work in theory, but in practice. She will be able to pay for and fulfill every one of her campaign promises – which can’t be said of Donald Trump and his extreme proclamations and promises.

3. Clinton has been and continues to be a champion of amazing causes. As First Lady, she chaired a task force to reform health insurance. Though she lost that first battle, she played a big role in getting the Affordable Care Act passed, which provides millions of uninsured Americans access to health care.

Fun fact: Before Obamacare was called Obamacare, it was known as Hillarycare.

Then, of course, Clinton promotes women’s rights. In her own words, “Human rights are women’s rights and women’s rights are human rights.” She has fought for equal pay for equal work, a woman’s right to choose, equal rights for LGBT Americans and … I could go on, but I don’t want to take up the entire page!

4. Hello? It’s about time we had a woman in the White House, and I don’t mean as First Lady!

5. I’ll let these quotes from Hillary Clinton speak for themselves:

• “Too many women in too many countries speak the language of silence.”

• Moderator: “Which designers do you prefer?”
Secretary Clinton: “What … designers of clothes?”
Moderator: “Yes.”
Secretary Clinton: “Would you ever ask a man that question?”

• “I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic, and we should stand up and say, ‘We are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration!’”

• “LGBT men and women worldwide, let me say this: wherever you live and whatever the circumstances of your life, whether you are connected to a network of support or feel isolated and vulnerable, please know that you are not alone.”

• “Let’s be clear: Islam is not our adversary. Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism.”

• “Everyday Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion.”

• “I wish my mother could have seen the America we’re going to build together. An America, where if you do your part, you reap the rewards. Where we don’t leave anyone out or anyone behind. An America where a father can tell his daughter, ‘Yes, you can be anything you want to be. Even president of the United States.’”

And who can say no to all of that? Voting for Hillary Clinton is an amazing opportunity to elect one of the most accomplished, influential women on earth.

Thank you for your comment. I respect your opinion. Though please let me say, there is this stigma where it's cool to Hate Hillary. Here is a good link about that, and why. I respect your opinion, and by no means do you have to like her, I just think it's good to see where that societal hate and mistrust comes from. Link: huffingtonpost.com/entry/clinton-trust-unpopular_us_57969600e4b0d3568f84486d As for emails and benghazi, you are totally justified to be concerned about that. Here is a video that gives more details about all her scandals: youtube.com/watch?v=h1Lfd1aB9YI And here is something about Trump: youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ Here is something about what a trump presidency would mean: nytimes.com/2016/06/22/upshot/would-a-trump-presidency-mean-economic-disaster-lets-take-a-look.html?_r=0 I'd encourage you to compare Clinton and Trump's policy, their matureness, their experience, and their overall presidential-ness. Does the person who is going to make the toughest decisions on earth have 3:00am twitter meltdowns calling girls fat and whine that the election is going to be "rigged" just because he's not winning, and complain about SNL, a comedy show, just because they made fun of him? Is that what a president is supposed to look like? Does a president encourage hate, fear, mysoginy and bullying? Here is a link about "the trump effect" in schools: huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-effect-southern-poverty-law-center_us_570e8619e4b03d8b7b9f2836 When you put two and two together, the choice is clear as day.

Hello, thanks for your comment. I respect your opinion. And I do agree, voting for HRC just because she's a woman is not a justifiable reason. That's only icing on the cake, not WHY I support her. I wrote this article a while ago- now looking back, I feel I could write a much stronger argument for her. Hillary Clinton WOULD make a GOOD first female president. She's done amazing things as first lady, senator, and even back when she was a lawyer for the childrens defense fund (going under cover to expose racism, and making sure disabled children are able to go to school.) I'd like you to ask yourself- what has Trump done for others? No to prevent myself from going on a 5 hour rant about trump, I would suggest you look at his past, how he did his business, his history with women, his rhetoric, and study his authoritarian dictator cry-babyness on the campaign trail, and also see if he has any REAL POLICY plans. Going back to Hillary, there is also just this stigma where it's cool to Hate Hillary. Here is a good link about that, and why. I respect your opinion, and by no means do you have to like her, I just think it's good to see where that societal hate and mistrust comes from. Link: huffingtonpost.com/entry/clinton-trust-unpopular_us_57969600e4b0d3568f84486d As for emails and benghazi, you are totally justified to be concerned about that. Here is a video that gives more details about all her scandals: youtube.com/watch?v=h1Lfd1aB9YI And here is something about Trump: youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ Here is something about what a trump presidency would mean: nytimes.com/2016/06/22/upshot/would-a-trump-presidency-mean-economic-disaster-lets-take-a-look.html?_r=0 I'd encourage you to compare Clinton and Trump's policy, their matureness, their experience, and their overall presidential-ness. Does the person who is going to make the toughest decisions on earth have 3:00am twitter meltdowns calling girls fat and whine that the election is going to be "rigged" just because he's not winning, and complain about SNL, a comedy show, just because they made fun of him? Is that what a president is supposed to look like? Does a president encourage hate, fear, mysoginy and bullying? Here is a link about "the trump effect" in schools: huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-effect-southern-poverty-law-center_us_570e8619e4b03d8b7b9f2836 When you put two and two together, the choice is clear as day.

Ruby2598u GOLD said...
Ruby2598u GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"Nobody is perfect. I am nobody. Therefore, I am perfect."

Personally, I think Trump and Clinton are both unsatisfactory candidates. Trump is just... Trump. And Clinton, to me anyway, has been suspicious since the Benghazi and email scandal. I can understand your support for Clinton just by those quotes alone, but I do have to point out what I see a flaw in one of your reasons: Why should you vote for Clinton just because she is a woman? I understand the excitement at the possibility of having the first female president in US history, but if you want someone to be the first female president, you got to make sure she will make a GOOD first female president. Voting for Hilary simply because she is a woman is not a justifiable reason. While I do see your reasoning for Clinton, I personally prefer Trump over her. It's not that I hate Clinton. It's just you have to choose someone out of those two to be president.

jules_esee BRONZE, Virginia Beach, Virginia
While I am also extremely biased, I am going to try to express my opinion lightly. Your enthusiasm is awesome and your writing is too! However, I ask how can you ignore Benghazi and her total lack of respect for the American lives lost, including a US ambassador? How can you ignore that your candidate is literally under investigation? She's a felon, so when it comes down to it, literally any of the other candidates would be a better president, even the ridiculous Trump. Sorry if I seem harsh! This article, while I don't agree with it, is great writing!