Sacramento, My Home | Teen Ink

Sacramento, My Home

By messybutkind SILVER, Sacramento, California
messybutkind SILVER, Sacramento, California

"Lean not on your own understandings"

Never have you ever seen more homeless people about the street smelling like weed and people having rotten,yellow corn teeth. Citizens with mental health issues can be found stumbling and dancing through the streets while flipping you on the busy roads of Sacramento. Litter on streets and flooding your drinking water which I remind you, you pay for! Can you imagine living in a city where all you care about is making it alive?

Yeah...that only happens in certain part of the city and most of them are stereotypes! Did you really think that we’d make you pay for gallons of water that contain junk? Absolutely not! We -unlike other cities- actually purify that water to make it clean and healthy for everyone to enjoy their water. Here in Sacramento there are thousands of volunteers that offer themselves to clean up the litter and help you have a not so dirty environment. Just like every neighborhood -or almost every neighborhood- there might be a bit of gang action across your street but believe it or not, there’s much police control than gang action ready to come at your defense at any given time. With 799 officers surrounding the city, you have nothing to worry about as long as you don’t draw attention to yourself.

Sacramento, the city of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness!  Sacramento has a great diversity of cultures from all around the world but how exactly does it bring us together? Imagine Sacramento as a huge pot where everyone mixes in and becomes one culture, that’s what it’s like here, regardless of where you came from, whether you like it or not, you’re in. There’s only so much to offer in the greatest city in the world, not only do we have great parks and and many nature resources but we’re also known for having a crispy, white capital with so many historical figures that seem to be thriving as you go. Not to mention the convention center where it never fails to attract tourists! Better yet, almost everything you want to have or purchase is at a very affordable  price, that means you can get yourself a decent house and more than one speed like, flashing motor. If you worry about falling into a big, deep hole, getting blown away by a treacherous twister, stepping on squishy snow, or being washed away by a terrifying tsunami then that’s nothing to worry about, these types natural disasters are not common here and our earthquakes are not even noticeable. The only ice you will get is ice on your car windows, which can easily be removed by using something with an edge and every then and now get a few rain drops on your cheeks and neck.

See? Sacramento isn’t a bad place at all! Many tourist and visitors have planned to actually come and stay here and start a new city lifestyle. If you’ve never been satisfied, don’t hesitate or think about it for so long, come visit me! By ‘me’ I mean Sacramento.

"Sacramento, My Home" is a my point of view of the /real/ reality of my Sacramento!