Are Migrants in Crisis? | Teen Ink

Are Migrants in Crisis?

By tmn22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
tmn22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Some people may argue that it’s a good thing for refugees to migrate on oversea trips while others may say it’s not safe.

Many people think it’s good for Syrian refugees to go on oversea trips because a lot of migrants have made it safely, many people survived, and people are making the trip safer.  On the other hand, others die on the way, or get killed.

Migrants and refugees should go on oversea trips because it is safe because many people survive. 

In the article, “More than 1 million people sought refuge in Europe this year,” by Jamey Keaton, it says, “More than 1 million entered Europe in this record-breaking year.”  That quote shows that many migrants have been on oversea trips that year, and have made it safely.  In the same article, there is another quote that argues the same thing.  “Most people entered Europe from Greece, which took in 820,000 people this year.”  That proves that there is many migrants and refugees who survived the oversea trips.

In the article, “Migrants in Crisis: Stranded at Hungary train station; drowned near Turkey,” by Shawn Pogatchnik, the quote, “A Norwegian ship was carrying about 800 rescued migrants, including 11 pregnant women, and more than 30 children, to the Italian Island of Sardinia,” shows how many people survived.  It also shows that more people are surviving than not.

According to the article, “Migrants in Crisis: Stranded at Hungary train station; drowned near Turkey,” by Shawn Pogatchnik, the quote, “Kovacs also defended Hungary’s 13-foot-high fence being built on the border… Kovacs said Hungary would stop migrants from coming illegally,” shows places, like Hungary, are trying ways to stop more deaths from happening, and the fence shows that it will stop people from traveling across it.

It’s true, many people still get lost, or drown in the crossing.  Some of those situations may not be preventable.  This quote, from the article, “Migrants in Crisis: stranded at Hungary train station; drowned near Turkey,” by Shawn Pogatchnik, says, “Turkish media reported that 11 migrants drowned as they tried to cross the sea to Greece.”  That quote states how much people drown, which also may not be preventable.  But wouldn’t it be better if migrants in need of a new home could go on oversea trips?  It would give them a new chance.  Helping the cause of migration deaths, and researching could help migrants find new homes.

Migrants and refugees should be able to travel on oversea trips.  Many people believe they shouldn’t because a lot of people die, but there are ways they are making the routes safer.  On the other hand, many people also believe the oversea trips are safe, and many people make it.  There are many articles arguing why migrants and refugees should or why they shouldn’t.  Most of the articles disagree with migrants migrating on oversea trips.  If you want to learn more about the topic of refugee crisis, you can find or research evidence that shows that migrating is safe and unharmful.