Why Society? Tell Me Why. | Teen Ink

Why Society? Tell Me Why.

January 23, 2021
By System_Error_26 PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma
System_Error_26 PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma
44 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When we're born we cry, because we feel the pain of living for the first time."- Alice C.

"Always be yourself... Unless you can be Batman. Be Batman."- Andy Biersack

"No matter how hard you try, you can never tame a wild spirit!"- CC

"I am not a monster, I am but a man."- Ronnie Radke

"Suicide is not cowardly! I'll tell you what's cowardly... treating someone so badly that they want to take their own life!"- Ashley Purdy

"I'm an artist and I make art-arty-art-art!"- Andy Biersack

"I'm TOP 'Stressed Out' what does that mean? I'm a rap fiend with a bad lead..."- NF

"I GOT A JAR OF DIRT AND GUESS WHAT'S INSIDE IT!!!"- Johnny Depp


Can somebody please tell me why teenagers are always seen as "confused" or "seeking attention" whenever they truly say what's on their mind and yet when they don't there's something wrong with them? Tell me why I can hide who I really am for years and my parents can grow so used to it that they notice when I change my hairstyle for one day, but they didn't notice when I was crying myself to sleep because my girlfriend was mentally abusive towards me? Why can parents hate the thing that they created just because they identify differently than they wanted them to? Why can I walk into school and know that everyone thinks I'm an attention-seeking "girl" because I have no female friends when in reality I am trans? Why is it okay that I can be called names by all my peers and family? Why can my male friends accept me as "one of the guys" even after knowing me as a female for years and years, yet my own parents can't accept me as their son? Why can I be judged for the fact that I wear mostly black? Why can people tell me that because I'm emo, I can't be Christian, or that I am automatically a devil worshiper? Why can my girlfriend be r^ped by her uncle time and time again, just because she identifies as female? Why has it become normal to expect that we (emos, punks, etc., and LGBTQIA+) won't be safe to be ourselves in our own homes? Why can most of us say "Yeah, no. They absolutely hate everything about me."?  Why can 90% of us say that we are discriminated against and abused for who we are in our own homes?? Why society, is it okay to listen to Cardi B's songs in public, but it's not okay to listen to NF or Black Veil Brides? Tell me why I can't be a member of the LGBTQIA+ community and emo, and still be Christian. Tell me why I can be hated by the people who are supposed to love me unconditionally.