Have you ever seen the dangers of one's potential? | Teen Ink

Have you ever seen the dangers of one's potential?

Have you ever seen someone's potential wasted? For example The great OJ simpson, OJ simpson had a lot of potential and played in the nfl for 11 seasons and was 32 when he left. Then he started to commentate and play golf, he could have turned into a pro golfer but he decided to kill his ex wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her “friend” Ronald Goldman in 1994. The last time I wrote about OJ I thought he was innocent but after reviewing many articles and reading public court records I can no longer say that.

O.J. Simpson, once a celebrated football icon, transitioned to a different career path ¨MURDER¨  with interests in golf and acting. Despite his natural athletic abilities and potential to excel in this new area , Simpson's infamy overshadowed any chance of realizing success in golf. His involvement in a highly publicized criminal trial not only tarnished his reputation but also consumed his time and energy, diverting focus from what could have been an amazing golf career. The wasted potential in his golf career shows a perfect example of what I stated before and also shows how your own personal actions now can affect your opportunities for growth and achievement in the future. 

Simpson rose to fame as a football star, captivating audiences with his remarkable skill  on the field His successful transition from sports to acting hinted at a promising future beyond athletics. However, a series of unfortunate events and poor decisions ultimately led to his undoing. The highly publicized trial not only exposed the dark side of Simpson's personal life but also divided public opinion on his innocence. Even being acquitted in a court of law, He definitely felt guilt and embarrassment, forever destroying his reputation.  The trial marked a turning point in Simpson's life, leading to a life of legal troubles, and personal problems. His once promising acting career came to a halt as Hollywood distanced itself from the controversial Murderer. the admiration and respect that he lost from the trial was tremendous.  Instead of using his reputation and influence for positive change, Simpson Destroyed his potential with his controversial and disturbing acts. His actions not only impacted his own life but also left a forever impact on what people think of him and the victim's family. The man who was a symbol of athletic excellence became a mocktail of wasted potential and lost opportunities. 

O.J. Simpson's journey from a sports guy to fallen celebrity serves as a reminder that you have consequences for your actions and the wasted potential is not worth the legal troubles. He had the talent, opportunity, and the potential to leave a lasting legacy on and off the football field, , but his personal problems like jealousy and anger and obviously his  questionable decisions destroyed his path to a great legacy. His legacy will forever be marked by what could have been, a reminder of the danger of one's potential.

Oj simpson was my idle and then he decided to ruin his life and along that mine aswell.