Asperger's Syndrome | Teen Ink

Asperger's Syndrome

December 2, 2010
By mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio
mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio
64 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
Illigitimi non carborundum!

Alea Iacta est!


Dear Bully,


Remember me? I’m the weird kid on the bus that you were taunting a few days ago. I would like to thank you for being such an inspiration for the letter that I am now addressing to the general public. You see, I have Asperger’s Syndrome, which is a learning disorder that makes my mind really awkward and weird to some people. Please try to understand that some of the things that come with Asperger’s Syndrome is the lack to make friends (which you have stated many times), I have a bad time learning math (case in point again), and I am very lonely. Now, the reason that I have not yet reported you AGAIN to the principal is because I just want you to know that I forgive you. I forgive you for being a jerk to me and I would just like you to know that Asperger’s Syndrome is high functioning Autism, which you probably don’t know. Any who, I would also like to point out that in the study of neurology; there is a fact that states: kids with Aspergers who are bullied tend to have a ninety percent more chance of becoming very successful in their lives. Along with that success comes many depression states and thoughts of suicide. Now, I know that you are probably thinking that you would be big and buff if I “went away”. But, may I just say that the thought of giving me much grief would be on your mind. Finally, you may have noticed that I have many topics which I obsess about (shipwrecks, Math, friends, Neurology, etc.) this is a function of Asperger’s Syndrome that I can say really helps with my days that you bully me. Thank you for reading this and have a wonderful day, Bully.

Sincerely,
The Kid that you hit on the bus.