Sister Wives | Teen Ink

Sister Wives

June 19, 2011
By Lexie96 GOLD, Havana, Illinois
Lexie96 GOLD, Havana, Illinois
11 articles 0 photos 378 comments

Favorite Quote:
Now Cinderella don't you go to sleep, it's such a bitter form of refuge, oh don't you know the kingdom's under siege, and everbody needs you. - The Killers


Polygamy. Until recently a pretty uncommon topic, and certainly not a national concern. I think it needs to stay that way. Shows such as Sister Wives show us that polygamy is a perfectly natural way of life, nothing they do is wrong. They aren't murdering people, they aren't worshipping Satan, and they certainly aren't harming anyone. Polygamy is their religion, and as Americans they have a right to that. Why should they lose their jobs or be threatened with prison just for supporting their family? If this were a case where the man had a wife and a mistress there would be no problem. However, because the man chooses to actually except his family, and take care of all of them, he is suddenly a criminal? Where's the justice in that? Let me tell you, there is none.

The author's comments:
I am an avid supporter of being yourself and being completely open about who you are. How are you supposed to embrace yourself if you are prosecuted just for being yourself? You can't. Polygamy is perfectly natural, and there's nothing wrong with it. People just need to learn how to deal with it.