Do you have to put me down to feel better> | Teen Ink

Do you have to put me down to feel better>

I put my articles up so people can read them... I enjoy their opinions on it. But sometimes, they are just trying to be mean. For example one of my articles was doing really well. Until someone posted "You say God makes the decisions huh? So you're a Christian? Hmmm... his Word says that homosexuality is an abomination. I have no problem with you calling yourself gay. Just don't try and call yourself a Christian at the same time." You might not think it's bad but I did. It really bothered me.
The fact that he was trying to find something wrong with an article I was really proud of made me angry.
Sometimes I try to remember that it doesnt matter what other people think, as long as I'm proud of my work. But still, words hurt.
The saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" is a lie. Big time. I'm sure that most of the people in this world know that words hurt alot more.
But, you know, finally I came to the conclusion, this person doesnt mean anything to me. Someone who doesnt even know me just tried to make me feel bad. And i am happy to say, that he failed. No one can tell me I'm no good at writing. Because I know in someone's eyes, they think I'm great.

You say God makes the decisions huh? So you're a Christian? Hmmm... his Word says that homosexuality is an abomination. I have no problem with you calling yourself gay. Just don't try and call yourself a Christian at the same time.

This comment got to me. Sometimes having people know how I feel is the best sollution though... instead of sitting in your room and crying. :)

yasmeentepa PLATINUM, Oran, Other
never minf about what people say. you know who you are and what you are capable of and that's what only matters. i personaly like your way of writting so carry on and remeber that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!