Denied Civil Rights | Teen Ink

Denied Civil Rights

February 26, 2009
By MandaPanda1011 BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
MandaPanda1011 BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You can turn off the sun but I'm still gonna shine.


Civil Rights; the rights to full legal, social and economic equality. So I ask the question, Why must we treat people so ruthlessly? Why must people be so obscene and unjust? It makes no sense to me. What did they do to you? Nothing. You know what happens when people are denied civil rights? Stupidity, that's what happens.


What ever happened to; 'Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought fourth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.' 'Abraham Lincoln. Where is the every man created equal part? When one is denied civil rights, there is no equality anymore, none. Denied civil rights, cruel and biased, takes away the rights of one another by just judging them. That is so wrong.


When I'm treated unfairly or when I see someone being treated unfairly I get so angry. But just imagine how angry people would get- and got- when the racial slurs and intense hate for one another, whenever they saw each other or even thought of each other. Imagine the violence. So much violence, death would happen on occasion but everyday someone was a victim of torture, both mental and physical. Would you just sit back and be denied your own civil rights? Or take action?


Violence is not the answer. Violence is the destruction of equality. To have society is to respect and treat others equally. So when people are denied civil rights, society falls apart. How could you have a society when not everyone is equal? You can't. To think and treat someone like you are better than them, that's belittling them.
That's not giving them the equality they deserve.


So what have I learned? Oh nothing. Except the fact that racism or extreme hate for someone you don't even know, drives people to do incredibly futile things. It's USELESS! Everyone is created the same! So what's with the ignorance?!