Police Brutality | Teen Ink

Police Brutality

June 1, 2017
By WanSantiago BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
WanSantiago BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The consequences of police brutality is not strong enough. Brutality is the unnecessary force against civilians.  I think that police brutality will not be good for the world or the US because they are be hurting innocent men and women taking their lives by a police officer that killed them for absolutely no reason.
 

In 2014, a twelve year old, named Tamir Rice was shot and killed by a white cop. The decision of the cop to be not guilty, this caused widely criticized by civil rights leaders. Personally, I think the cop should have been guilty because if you kill someone that is unarmed then you should deserve some kind of penalty.
 

2 police officers responded to a call by an african american male about his son that stopped taking his medication. So, when the officers arrive they tell the african american male to stop whatever he was doing. The african american was trying to fix the front door. As the police told the african american to drop the screwdriver, they shot him. The 2 officers were not charged with any crime.
  

Although, police brutality is bad a lot of people might disagree. Usually, people do NOT think that police brutality is bad. Also, some people might think that it would help the community. This is true because, a white jury announced the white officer unguilty about killing a 13 year old with a bb gun.
 

In conclusion, the consequences of police brutality is not strong enough. Brutality is the unnecessary force against civilians.  I think that police brutality will not be good for the world or the US because they are be hurting innocent men and women taking their lives by a police officer that killed them for absolutely no reason.