why smoking is legal if it kills? | Teen Ink

why smoking is legal if it kills?

By officialcrizz916 SILVER, Sacramento, California
officialcrizz916 SILVER, Sacramento, California

Why is smoking cigarettes legal if it kills you?

Cigarette smoking kills even more americans than previously estimated (about 480,000 a year from 443,000)more disease than previously recognized including liver and cancer.

Over the years people had died from smoking cigarettes  , more than 480,000 deaths per year was caused by cigarettes for example smoking cigarettes can cause 1,300 every day deaths just imagine what cigarettes can do to you. Most of the people who smokes cigarettes die 10 years  before non smokers. Lets not forget that alot people also get liver disease and most people can get cancer from smoking.

We should make smoking illegal because it is a nasty killer.  This are the reason why we should make them illegal cigarettes are deadliest object in the history of human civilisation, 6 million people die per year.

Smoking kills because of the nicotine that it  contains in the cigarettes it's very bad for your health that's why many people are addicted to smoking cigarettes. If you end up smoking too much that's when cancer occurs and many other diseases occur. Smoking kills more people than alcohol, AIDS, car accidents, illegal drugs, murders combined with thousands more dying from a spit tobacco use. For example famous people had died from lung disease “ Peter Jennings guy who worked in ABC news died from a lung disease at the age 67.

The tobacco companies make some much money of people who smokes cigarettes. They make about 35.1 billion equal to the combined profits coca cola, microsoft's and mcdonalds in the same year. I feel like cigarettes companies should not get this amount of money for taking people lives away.

The reason why i'm against smoking  is because many people died from it and it should be banned  from all over the state.

Anooonymous said...
Anooonymous, Anonymous, Other
I would say that this is quite a good argument with fair reasons, but i think that it would have been much better if there were some scientific reason to make a great evidence for your argument such as nicotine is highly addictive so it is hard to stop after starting, and tarr sticks to the trachea which makes you hard to breath, and a lot more reasons. There are a few errors like the nicotine kills people. It is actually tarr and other chemicals that does more job in killing the body. The nicotine is highly addictive which makes people hard to stop it, and it gives bad effects but it is not as more effective as tarr. Apart from this, I think that this is a good argument and I agree as I have a familly member who passed away because of this.

LogicalSeeker73, Nyc, New York
Your explanation is good in some ways but it should be more scientific. Yes you have a few numbers here and there but you should explain some more science. I think smoking is legal because it helps lots of people get rid of stress and calm down, plus it's there fault if they want to do this so it's optional.