Repeating History | Teen Ink

Repeating History

May 31, 2019
By ILoveToSwim BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina
ILoveToSwim BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Repeating is an adjective describing how something is done.  You have learned about the past, and I have learned about the past.  We know some bad things have happened and some unnecessary things have happened.  For example smoking, when a cigarette came out nobody knew what was in it, in fact doctors encouraged people to smoke to calm down.  Now we know they contain formaldehyde! That is one of the 7,000 chemicals that is now inside your one and only body. Cigarettes cause many things including lung cancer.  We have one body, treat it with respect, even if you are not active don’t actively poison yourself. We are repeating history, can’t you see! Juuling is the new cigarette!  I don’t want to be a guinea pig, do you? We are paying people to get us addicted to nicotine, why would you do that? We don’t know what is inside of them and we don’t care, I mean it tastes good right?  There middle schoolers I see when I walk into the bathroom juuling, destroying their lives slowly. We can preserve our future! We can beat the odds, change the path! All we need to do is stop, and ask yourself do you want to be a guinea pig?  


The author's comments:

I am going into 8th grade and it really crushes me when I look around and see what is happening.