Dear drugs and Alchohol | Teen Ink

Dear drugs and Alchohol

By Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Everything you have will someday be gone. Even if you don’t miss it now, you probably will later. So take pictures and hide them in your memories so you can recall them later after everything that is becomes everything that was. OR I know you’re hurting, even if it’s just when you’re alone and thoughts seem to rush into your head and you can’t seem to keep them from coming in. But there can be beauty in pain; Even though sometimes it’s hard to see.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

emilyj93 GOLD said...
emilyj93 GOLD, Naperville, Illinois
Wow thank you so much for writing this, I couldn't agree more. Your style is unique and intriguing. This piece has inspired me, keep writing!

sprinkshine said...
True that. I'm anti-drug. If people could control themselves, it might be a different story.

A-Nony-Mouse GOLD, Elmira, Oregon

"When they come to ethnically clense me, will you speak up, will you defend me?" --Pop Will Eat Itself

I like the concept, and i agree that drugs and alcohal are to be used with caution, the way you might play with a lighter. But I'm not anti-drug, I think it shouldnt be up to one person whether or not another drinks, smokes or does drugs.

i dont get why they do drugs that just plain stupid i mean i know some people that do drugs and they are my friends but i am helping them know

Well, before drugs, cigarettes and alchool existed, we got along very well. In fact, we were much more healthy. The Drug insdustry may make billions, but it's helping no one...

HaleyPotter SILVER, Henderson, Nevada

erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.

Great piece (:

HaleyPotter SILVER, Henderson, Nevada

A completely drug free, cigarette free, and alcohol free world? Get real, darling. The drug industry makes billions.

Besides, the withdrawl would kill almost everyone.

It's well written bu I have to disagree with the 'we can't liv without you' part. We can live without drugs, cigarettes or alchool. Humans must stop the production of all this.

We, humans, the world, must be drug free, cigarette free and alchool free.

Tayyyyy SILVER said...
Tayyyyy SILVER, Clermont, Florida

"You dont love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not"
— Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper)

Very nice work!!

krhinesly BRONZE, Southaven, Mississippi

I'm pretty but I'm not beautiful. I'm good but I'm not angel. I sin but I'm not the devil. -Marilyn Monroe

wow, that was straight forward & verry well done.

WriterA.M. PLATINUM, Denver, Colorado

"Ignore corruption and achieve perfection"- me

I submitted about six pieces of my novel on here, but they are currently pending approval. A very long approval it seems, none of them have been approved yet. But I can send it to you by different means.

Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Ill read it where is it at?

The_Erstwhile_Pedestrian SILVER, Shelbyville, Kentucky

"Why do we fall, Master Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Nicely done! Insightful and to the point!

WriterA.M. PLATINUM, Denver, Colorado

My novel needs readers. Anybody interested? It's part drama, thriller, action, and social commentary on our corrupt teen world. It takes place in the near future.

peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

Amazing! I love it and agree with you!

Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Thanks I'm glad that you liked it.

ChloeA BRONZE said...
ChloeA BRONZE, Na, Washington

"Whatever the weather, always bring your own sunshine."
Michael J'Deangelo

Very, Very, Very Creative and well done. You are truley amazing. I bet you know that though. ((:

archon GOLD said...
archon GOLD, Mandeville, Louisiana
FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE DRUGFREE OR TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE TO BE or for anyone who just wants to see something amazing and wants motivation, check this video out PLEAS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd3XK6czbO4

straightedge193 BRONZE, Naperville, Illinois

One that I wrote myself.

Wow. Amazing. That's exactly how I feel, but written way better then I could ever write it. Amazing. I love it.

Young=ZO3 said...
i thynk dat this is an amazing thoughtful scene also the speaker thinks with his/her heart about what they thynk thats all 4 now peace